Moderator Control Panel ]

Restart stream after input signal loss in classroom setup

Restart stream after input signal loss in classroom setup

Postby telebaer » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:17 pm

I try to setup a transmission between a small lab and a larger classroom. In the classrooms
must be a receiver without any user interaction (no need to manually press start stop etc during the presentation).

We have several cameras on the input side : we tried to switch using a hdmi switch but the transmission is interrupted and the TBS2603 needs to be restarted to encode again after signal loss on input side. Is there any way to improve that?

Another option would be to use separate TBS2603 for each camera and switch using a software that then transmits a final “classroom stream” to the Beamer. (There is only ip connection to that room). Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you,
Tele
telebaer

Re: Restart stream after input signal loss in classroom setu

Postby echomay » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:58 am

Hi,
Which version on your device now, you can download the new from our web site.
Which signanl your reciver need? if you have a server like xstream code, you can use it control or switch the ip streamings. it can recived the encoders's stream, and output them again as ip[ stream too.
echomay

Re: Restart stream after input signal loss in classroom setu

Postby telebaer » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:27 pm

I have the most recent firmware I found: 1.1.86

On the receiver site I’m flexible and can use what ever is the best and easiest way.

At the moment the receiver is just a Windows PC with VLC video lan player in full screen and a Beamer to display this. But I can install any software or Linux server when you have any suggestions. I really need only one playback device in the larger classroom and recording of the session that is done in the lab. The lab is just too small for the people that’s why they are in the classroom.

My main problem is: when the stream interrupts that it doesn’t start again automatically. And when the input is interrupted - in case I switch from one camera to the other - the tbs2603 needs to be restarted.
telebaer

Return to TBS2603 Professional HD Video Encoder