Moderator Control Panel ]

Push RTMP stream not working if no audio detected.

Push RTMP stream not working if no audio detected.

Postby morpheus » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:22 pm

Hi, some weeks ago we have purchased two TBS2603SE instead of the TBS2603 model we bought usually. All appears to work properly, but we have an issue with push and no audio from source. We use: H.264 High profile, RTMP and push to a specific endpoint (rtmp://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd:1935/live/xxxx). The audio/video source is a Windows 10 PC with the 2603SE attached as 2nd screen and a custom app that renders content with video and audio. I have ensured that the audio (windows mixer & audio settings, app settings) flows to the TBS2603SE. If any type of audio is present (windows sounds or a you tube video in example) the 2603SE push to the endpoint (as displayed in the Push config -> Push speed tab where the output rate is not zero kb/sec); if the audio goes down BUT the video is up and running, after some seconds the push rate goes to 0 and no stream reaches the remote endpoint. So we can't use it unless an audio signal is always present. The only way to push stream with no audio or no always-on audio is to set the codec option to 'close' for the HDMI channel in the Encode -> Audio config tab.
The board has:
App version: 1.0.0 build 2091114_408;
SDK version: 1.0.0 build 20191113_11327;
Sys version: 1.0.0 build 20181219.

Any suggestions? Anyone with the same issue? Until this issue remains unfixed/resolved the boards are unusable for us.
Thanks in advance.
morpheus

Re: Push RTMP stream not working if no audio detected.

Postby daowei » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:49 pm

Hi,
If you have another source like DVD player, TVbox, STB (like satellite receiver; Android box, you can put a movie to it and play it, then HDMI out to Encoder). Please try, it should be working both audio and video, we tested including Youtube, Facebook (rtmps), Twitch, and etc.
PC (desktop pc/laptop) output is "special", we met same cases same as you. But now, didn't find out what's the speicl with it.

Thanks
daowei

Postby daowei » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:34 am

Hi,
Any udpate? did you try change a source?
Waiting for your feedback.

Thanks
daowei

Postby morpheus » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:14 pm

Hi, yes, changing the source resolve the issue. But, again, I have to use a PC as source. With the "old" TBS2603 (and with the more recent TBS2605 too) this issue doesn't appear; we have more than 10 PCs (with Windows 10 / Windows 7 OSes and nVidia GTX9xx / Intel as video cards) with the same custom app, similar encoders configuration (H.264 ....) and all is working starting from several months ago. In my opinion this is a bug in this specific version of the encoder. Any suggestions? Any beta version of the firmware to test? This is blocking for us. Thanks in advance.
morpheus

Postby steven » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:20 pm

Hi,
I realise, please try "disable" audio, check my attachment. Waiting for your feedback.

Thanks
Attachments
disable_audio.jpg
steven

Postby daowei » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:36 pm

Hi,
I realise, please try "disable" audio, check my attachment. Waiting for your feedback.
disable_audio.jpg

Thanks
daowei

Postby morpheus » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:22 pm

Hi, as stated in my first post ("... The only way to push stream with no audio or no always-on audio is to set the codec option to 'close' for the HDMI channel in the Encode -> Audio config tab. ... ") I already know that with audio off all is ok but I need both audio and video to be pushable to clients. Any further suggestion is appreciated, thanks in advance.
morpheus

Postby daowei » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:00 pm

Hi,
May i know more details about your source? it's Mother board HDMI out to Encoder or Graphic card HDMI out to Encoder now? Maybe need to set a proper audio device for the Encoder?

Thanks
daowei

Postby morpheus » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:45 pm

Hi, for your convenience I provide a snapshot of the system taken with HWiNFO. The encoder is attached to a nVidia Video card GTX950, HDMI output. Please not that just now I've tried to use an 'old' TBS2603 (the snapshot, monitor section, reflects it) and it has the same issue. We have resolved adding to our app a white noise near to 0 as sound level, and now works as expected. Thanks for your support, I hope this can be useful for someone that has the same issue to fix.
morpheus

Postby daowei » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:17 pm

Hi morpheus,
Thanks for you udpate. So, please try your solution first, we'll do a further testing and let you know.

Thanks
daowei

Return to TBS2603 Professional HD Video Encoder