Moderator Control Panel ]

Tbs 2605/2603 ndi

Tbs 2605/2603 ndi

Postby Kelmit » Sun May 17, 2020 3:24 pm

hi friends.

In early may, you announced the tbs2603 and tbs2605 devices. The similarities are very interesting with the presence of an NDI signal.

You can learn more about implementing this function.

1: what is the delay in signal processing? How long will it take from the hdmi source to the camera to get it in OBS Studio?

2: do I understand Correctly that TBS2605 allows NDI to pick up 5 separate signals simultaneously 1080p or 2 4K signals?

3: what compression quality is provided when encoding in ndi? the device gives a pure ndi or ndihx.

4: how are things with the NewTek license? will the device be blocked when new updates from newtek are released?

5: the streamer Community of Russia will be very grateful for any test videos of the device and the quality of the video series on ndi.

6: if possible, I am ready to do a detailed review and test of these devices. all tests will be in working mode on the existing multi-camera online broadcasts. And help with advertising and promoting these devices in Russia.

If everything is as I think you have made a huge breakthrough in the stream community! if that's how your devices work, you're really cool!
uralcast.ru
Kelmit

Re: Tbs 2605/2603 ndi

Postby daowei » Mon May 18, 2020 11:31 am

Kelmit Wrote:hi friends.

In early may, you announced the tbs2603 and tbs2605 devices. The similarities are very interesting with the presence of an NDI signal.

You can learn more about implementing this function.

1: what is the delay in signal processing? How long will it take from the hdmi source to the camera to get it in OBS Studio?
Re: Tested in local, Encoder RTSP out, and tested by "easyplay" Media player, the lantency is around 150ms. Some Media player like VLC player, the buffer size is large, so the latency will be also high. My testing:
PC or Android box installs a "clock" app-----PC/Android box HDMI out------to a HDMI Splitter-------one to a Mintor and one to a Encoder----Encoder encode and RTSP out------test RTSP stream in "easyplayer" Media player------compare the clock to know the difference, then we can calculate the latency. "easyplayer" it's a Media player with a small "buffer", if you want to test the latency, you can try this player:
http://www.tbsdtv.com/tmp/wY212sf34C72_q3.zip

Encoder side already support RTMP/RTMPS push, you can configure stream push in Encoder side directly, no need OBS. And for streaming to Interent, you have to consider many factors, especially the Inetrent speed. I didn't test this.

2: do I understand Correctly that TBS2605 allows NDI to pick up 5 separate signals simultaneously 1080p or 2 4K signals?
Re:Yes, 5-channel is seprately output or 2-channel 4K_30fps.

3: what compression quality is provided when encoding in ndi? the device gives a pure ndi or ndihx.
Re: the qualiity will be same as another protocol (h.264 base line, main, high and H.265 main encode), like http, rtsp, hls and ect. Here NDI it is NDI HX, not original NDI.

4: how are things with the NewTek license? will the device be blocked when new updates from newtek are released?
Re: Encoder will be liscensed before sell to cusotmers. It will be working as normal even Encoder upgraded.

5: the streamer Community of Russia will be very grateful for any test videos of the device and the quality of the video series on ndi.

6: if possible, I am ready to do a detailed review and test of these devices. all tests will be in working mode on the existing multi-camera online broadcasts. And help with advertising and promoting these devices in Russia.

If everything is as I think you have made a huge breakthrough in the stream community! if that's how your devices work, you're really cool!
daowei

Postby Kelmit » Mon May 18, 2020 12:28 pm

you wrote about the delay in the rtsp protocol 150ms is the standard delay for this protocol everything is clear. but my question was about the delay in transmitting the ndi signal. What is the delay on the ndi signal?

you can do the test: camera - tbs2605 - pc - ndi monitor program.

it is the ndi delay that is important since the use of this device as part of a multi-camera TV station can only be with minimal ndi delays of up to 1-15 frames.
uralcast.ru
Kelmit

Postby daowei » Mon May 18, 2020 3:55 pm

Hi,
My testing It's around 300ms.

Thanks
Attachments
testing.jpg
daowei

Postby daowei » Mon May 18, 2020 4:09 pm

Hi,
Again. The left side is NDI tools----Studio Monitor display:
http://www.tbsdtv.com/tmp/latency_ndi.JPG

Thanks
daowei

Postby Kelmit » Mon May 18, 2020 8:09 pm

daowei Wrote:Hi,
Again. The left side is NDI tools----Studio Monitor display:
http://www.tbsdtv.com/tmp/latency_ndi.JPG

Thanks

Thank! On a 2605 device with two 4k delay signals the same 300ms?

in our chat streamers are interested in your device. people ask your wechat. can you provide it?

and also you can comparative video quality pictures when encoding in ndi? source + ndi on the output.
uralcast.ru
Kelmit

Postby daowei » Fri May 22, 2020 9:52 am

Hi,
For the 4K, i'll test and let you know, it should be same.
Maybe Skype will be better, this is my ID:
daowei23lily@163.com

The quality is same as another output like http, rtsp, hsl, udp and ect. The difference is the protocol.

Thanks
daowei

Return to TBS2603 Professional HD Video Encoder