Moderator Control Panel ]

RTMP Stream just stopped working

RTMP Stream just stopped working

Postby beechnut » Sun May 17, 2020 11:27 pm

Good Day,

I purchased the TBS2603SE to push to my Nginx server. After the initial trial and error, I was able to get everything working as I intended. It worked flawlessly for 11 days 24/7. Then I noticed that the stream was down one day. Looking at the web ui I noticed that the network state stream was down to .60 MB/s, which was not at its usual 5 MB/s. I rebooted my modem and restarted the device and all worked well again. Until a few hours later the Network State was again down to .60MB/s. I recycled everything again and this time it still didn't work. A few hours after that I noticed the stream was again working, then not working, then working. Each time it worked the Network state was at its proper level. Each time it didn't work the network speed was at .6 MB/s. It cycles between working and not working. Its not a data cap issue. I can't even view the stream inside the home network when the stream is not working properly. Did I just buy a brick? Or would someone please point me in the right direction.
beechnut

Re: RTMP Stream just stopped working

Postby daowei » Mon May 18, 2020 10:50 am

Hi,
"11 days 24/7" it's been a good performance. Just kidding.

Maybe your Interent changed, do you have stable Internet now? the upload bandwidth is same and it's enough? maybe you can have a try set to a lower bitrate, like 2Mbps, 3Mbps and try again.

Thanks
daowei

Postby beechnut » Thu May 28, 2020 11:27 am

Update......

The issue still persists. The RTMP stream will go on for hours then randomly stops. I have to restart the device to get it going again. I called my isp provider to see if they have any policy that would kill an upstream if it's uploading for too long, which they do not. Does anyone have a similar issue? or have a working system where they run their encoder uploading 24/7?
beechnut

Postby daowei » Fri May 29, 2020 9:51 am

Hi,
What's the bitrate now? Did you try set a low bitrate to push? And your Interent (speed) will keep same and stable 24/7?
When problem happen, please keep the status and write to me, my e-mail:
daowei@tbsdtv.com
Let me have a remote check, like Teamviewer.

Thanks
daowei

Return to TBS2603 Professional HD Video Encoder