Moderator Control Panel ]

TBS5530 Full TS Capture

TBS5530 Full TS Capture

Postby stulluk » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:44 pm

Hi,

First of all, I couldn't find a dedicated section for TBS5530. Can you guide me if it exists? So that I can open this topic there.

I just bought a TBS5530 and using it with DVBS/S2 signals in Turkey. Device is connected to a Multiswitch (which supports both Diseqc1.0 and Diseqc1.1 spec) like this:

And I can also perfectly can use the device under Ubuntu 22.04 with Kaffeine APP:

I can scan & watch channels with Kaffeine.

However, I would like to use this device to capture Full Transport Stream, I mean whole TS file coming from a Transponder.

To achieve this, I used mumudvb as follows:

Code: Select All Code
stulluk ~/mumu $ 
stulluk ~/mumu $  cat 11054v30000.conf
tuner=1
freq=11054
pol=v
srate=30000
coderate=auto
lnb_slof=11700
lnb_lof_low=9750
lnb_lof_high=10600
autoconfiguration=full
stulluk ~/mumu $ 
stulluk ~/mumu $ 
stulluk ~/mumu $  sudo mumudvb -c 11054v30000.conf --dumpfile new.ts -d
WARN:  Main:  You've decided to dump the received stream into new.ts. Be warned, it can grow quite fast
MuMuDVB Version 1.7.1
 --- Build information ---
Built with CAM support.
Built without transcoding support.
Built with ATSC support.
Built with ATSC long channel names support.
Built with support for DVB API Version 5.
---------
Originally based on dvbstream 0.6 by (C) Dave Chapman 2001-2004
Released under the GPL.
Latest version available from http://mumudvb.braice.net/
Project from the cr@ns (http://www.crans.org)
by Brice DUBOST (mumudvb@braice.net)

Info:  Main:  Full autoconfiguration, we activate SAP announces. if you want to deactivate them see the README.
Info:  Main:  Full autoconfiguration, we activate PAT rewritting. if you want to deactivate it see the README.
Info:  Main:  Full autoconfiguration, we activate SDT rewritting. if you want to deactivate it see the README.
Info:  Main:  Full autoconfiguration, we activate sorting of the EIT PID. if you want to deactivate it see the README.
Info:  Main:  ========== End of configuration, MuMuDVB version 1.7.1 is starting ==========
Info:  Autoconf:  The autoconfiguration auto update is enabled. If you want to disable it put "autoconf_pid_update=0" in your config file.
WARN:  Logs:  saving_filename /var/run/mumudvb/mumudvb_generated_conf_card0_tuner1: No such file or directory
WARN:  Main:  Can't create /var/run/mumudvb/channels_streamed_adapter0_tuner1: No such file or directory
WARN:  Main:  Can't create /var/run/mumudvb/channels_unstreamed_adapter0_tuner1: No such file or directory
Info:  Main:  Streaming. Freq 11054000
Info:  Tune:  Using DVB card "TurboSight TBS 5530 DVB-T2/T/C/S/S2/S2x,ISDB-T,ATSC DVB-S/S2/S2X" tuner 1
Info:  Tune:  Tuning DVB-S to Freq: 1304000 kHz, LO frequency 9750000 kHz Pol:V Srate=30000000, LNB number: 0
Info:  Tune:  LNB voltage 13V
Info:  Tune:  DISEQC SETTING SUCCEDED
Info:  Tune:  FE_STATUS:
Info:  Main:  Card not tuned after timeout - exiting
stulluk ~/mumu $

So why it does not tune with MumuDVB ?

Can you also suggest to use another app that can work with Ubuntu, that allow me to capture Full TS for a given TP ?
stulluk

Re: TBS5530 Full TS Capture

Postby DVB » Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:55 am

You can try to add to conf:
delivery_system=DVBS2
modulation=8PSK
And now you're watching 8K:
KKKKKKKK
:)
DVB

Postby stulluk » Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:53 am

DVB Wrote:You can try to add to conf:
delivery_system=DVBS2
modulation=8PSK

Thank you but I think my problem is related to configuration or a bug in mumudvb.

Please see: https://github.com/braice/MuMuDVB/issues/310
stulluk

Postby DVB » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:10 am

If you're locking to wrong band - seemingly a DiSEqC port selection issue.
Remove delivery_system & modulation.
Are you sure about switch_input=1? This parameter has got count from 0, so if 42°E is on port 1/A, then expected value there is in fact 0.
Increase diseqc_repeat to 2.
Uncomment switch_type=C - try values C, U, B (U might be correct for your config).
And now you're watching 8K:
KKKKKKKK
:)
DVB

Postby stulluk » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:25 am

DVB Wrote:If you're locking to wrong band - seemingly a DiSEqC port selection issue.
Remove delivery_system & modulation.
Are you sure about switch_input=1? This parameter has got count from 0, so if 42°E is on port 1/A, then expected value there is in fact 0.
Increase diseqc_repeat to 2.
Uncomment switch_type=C - try values C, U, B (U might be correct for your config).

Dear DVB;

As you will see from here: https://github.com/braice/MuMuDVB/issues/310

I managed to lock to signal. However, this time I am getting "WARN: DVB: Error : DVR buffer overrun" and "TS Discontinuity Errors"

I couldn't get a reply from mumudvb for a week. Do you suggest me to use any other software for Full TS Capture ?
stulluk

Return to TBS5520 Multi-standard TV Tuner USB Box