Moderator Control Panel ]

HOW TO GET TBS5520SE WORKS ON DEBIAN 9 - STRETCH

Re: HOW TO GET TBS5520SE WORKS ON DEBIAN 9 - STRETCH

Postby 1bit » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:09 am

steven Wrote:hi

please disable kernel auto update, and if you still can not install the driver please send email to our support@tbsdtv. you can setup SSHremote
we will remote install for you

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven

Thank you for your reply.
Disabling kernel updates is not an option for me :( I have other services running on the PC that require up to date kernel.

Sending e-mail to support@tbsdtv? What is this forum for? Surly it will be beneficial for you to publish on this forum
"how-to" for users to fix themselves, rather then e-mailing support?

Do not get me wrong, the TBS5520SE is a great piece of hardware, but this constant problems after kernel upgrade on linux
is so annoying!

I am sorry same for SSHremote, please reply to this thread with solution to the problem I have.

Is step by step problem?
1bit

Postby steven » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:25 pm

For linux there have so many kernel version and the new kernel released so much too

we can not support all ,different the kernel version the file is different we need to do some patch .

if you can not set up SSH remote we recommend you try with Ubuntu or CentOS as our package already tested works well

Thanks
steven

Postby 1bit » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:35 pm

steven Wrote:For linux there have so many kernel version and the new kernel released so much too

we can not support all ,different the kernel version the file is different we need to do some patch .
if you can not set up SSH remote we recommend you try with Ubuntu or CentOS as our package already tested works well

Thanks

@steven
Why don't you please publish somewhere, which kernel versions do you support???????????????????????????

Why don't you publish on your product page, that your products will ONLY work with certain kernel versions??????????????????????

There is nothing in the product guide about "supporting only certain" kernels............................. please why don't you let your customer know this, before they buy????????????????
http://www.tbsiptv.com/download/tbs5520 ... _guide.pdf

SSHremote = giving someone keys to your house, so I am sorry but that is not an option.
1bit

Previous

Return to TBS5520 Multi-standard TV Tuner USB Box