Moderator Control Panel ]

TBS 6528 doesn't find any DVB-C channel

TBS 6528 doesn't find any DVB-C channel

Postby Scrambler » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:24 pm

Hello,
Yesterday I received TBS 6528 multi-standard tuner.
And it doesn't find any DVB-C channel in any DVB viewing application

Steps I performed:
I connected it to PCI-E port on my motherboard.
Connected power cable to TBS 6528. Btw, there is nothing about it in user manual. Do I need that cable for DVB-C or it is to power up an actuator motor for sat dish?
Connected cable antenna (DVB-C) to TBS 6528 (5 minutes before it was connected to my other (KNC-One PCI) DVB-C card and it was working perfectly)..

Launched my PC (Windows 10 64-bit).
Downloaded and installed tbs6528_windows-driver_v1.0.0.1.
Switched TBS 6528 to DVB-C mode with tbs6528_changemode_tool_v1.0.0.1
Rebooted my PC.

Launched tbs6528_changemode_tool_v1.0.0.1 to confirm that the card is in DVB-C mode. Yes, it is in DVB-C mode.

Launched my ProgDVB 7.16.
Set up ProgDVB to work with TBS 6528 DVB-C.
Started scanning channels.
ProgDVB showed proper frequencies, signal level and quality, but didn't registered any channel.
While switching frequencies, ProgDVB was unresponsive.

Then I downloaded and configured DVBDream. Configured it and started scanning frequencies. The situation was the same - DVBDream became unresponsive for a while, while locking the frequency and after that it didn't found any channels.

So I tried tbsviewer-v20150126.
Went to Options/Scanner and configured it, created .ini file for my network provider and started scanning: https://youtu.be/JVpOxwvmCXI
The result was the same - no channels found.

So put back my old PCI KNC-One DVB-C tuner, put the antenna cable from TBS 6528 to KNC-One, configured ProgDVB, and everything is working perfectly with KNC-One - i.e. my cable-PC rig working properly and the problem is with TBS 6528.

Could you, please, assist to solve this problem?

Yesterday I send a number of emails (while evolving through the investigation of the issue) to euro_support@tbsdtv.com and support@tbsdtv.com but got no response so far.

PS: At first I was happy that TBS 6528 transfers signal level and quality information. So I initially thought that the problem is with the drivers.
But then, having cable TV cable connected to TBS 6528 , I switched the card to DVB-T mode and started scanning the frequencies. And the software showed the same levels and quality information.
So from physical perspective we have terrestrial signal absent because the antenna (RF) input is shielded with DVB-C cable, but the card or drivers still show signal level and quality information.
So I assume - either drivers are transferring "dummy" signal information or RF module or de-multiplexor chip on TBS 6528 are faulty.
Scrambler

Re: TBS 6528 doesn't find any DVB-C channel

Postby Scrambler » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:19 pm

DVB-C is working now with new drivers.

Will continue testing.
Scrambler

Return to TBS6528 Multi Standard Dual Tuner CI PCI-e Card