Moderator Control Panel ]

Media Centre Displaying "No TV Signal received"

Re: Media Centre Displaying "No TV Signal received"

Postby cody » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:56 am

hi All,

the standby problem (with Windows 7 Media Center) is resolved with driver workaround for a very long time and all newer drivers include the fix for that. for example, the latest beta drivers for both 6980 and 6981 can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=101#p636

so, you just have to upgrade your drivers and there won't be any further problems with resume-from-sleep in Windows 7 Media Center.

regards,
cody
cody

Postby richtee » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:31 am

Hello again,
Just to update on the final situation with this problem.
I have built another computer and installed the 6980 card in that, nearly same specification as the original computer that had the "No signal" problem,
to eliminate any chance that the problem was hardware related.
I am glad to report that after extensive testing, there have been no dropped recordings- everything asked for has been recorded!!
Also, the" won't resume from sleep and record" problem has now gone.
The only real difference has been the driver. I installed the latest one this time-wasn't available till recently- the 2.0.11 version,and that seems to have cured the problem.
Just to finish off, I bought a TBS 6981 card, and installed that with its driver on the old computer, and this card is working perfectly as well.
Alls well that ends well!!
richtee.
PS Thanks to Cody and Constantine for their help and advice.
richtee

Postby tg100 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:34 pm

Hi,
I had exactly this problem. I sent one card back, but the second card did exactly the same. I would intermittently get "no signal" on one or other of the tuners, and programmes would often not record.
I was looking for an alternate card, but came across this post on another forum which has solved the issue.
The problem relates to Window 7, and I understand is a recognised fault. The operating system seemingly randomly tries to re-search for new services, but whilst doing so the tuner is deemed out of use, thus the "no tv signal". This has completely fixed my problem and both tuners function as they should now.
See below:
BlackGold has received a number of reports of occurrences of tuner loss in Windows Media Center 7. Microsoft (MS) recognised this as being a known issue within Media Center (MC).
This manifests itself by MC reporting that no tuners are available for a requested operation (i.e. loss of one or more tuners as far as Media Center is concerned). However, Windows Device Manager always reports the expected number of tuners and the tuners are available for use, but MC alone reports not available.
We were advised by MS to use a registry switch to turn off background scan, as a known background scan problem did manifest itself in several ways. Which included among other issues very high memory usage by ehrecvr and also tuner loss. Microsoft will hopefully address the issue in a later rollout.
Please can you follow the sequence below, to ensure backgroundscan disabling is correctly implemented.
1) Download and unzip the backgroundscan registry key: backgroundscan.reg
2) Uninstall the BlackGold drivers.
3) Delete the existing driver files... Delete all files beginning with 11317231* in C:\Windows\
4) Double click on and apply the registry switch backgroundscan.reg.
5) Power off restart the PC.
6) For BGT3620 & BGT3595 ensure that the latest drivers are loaded (version 8.1.0.0 at time of writing), or latest appropriate driver for other cards.
7) Ensure Media Center is restarted and that a new set-up and re-tune are completed.
Microsoft should still include a fix in a later release of Media Center.
Please note: Backgroundscan periodically scans frequencies to check for any channel alterations or new channels. Where the EPG is downloaded from the internet, such as the UK, this is not required, so no loss in functionality will be experienced by disabling backgroundscan.
tg100

Postby tigercook » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:50 am

Hi I have the same problem, I have 2 of the dvbs2 cards, the problem only occurred when I installed the second one, is it a driver problem, background scan problem or should I connect the additional power connectors. I also experience a no signal when trying to record HD although I can watch live TV OK. Any help will be great, btw latest drivers installwd wmc7 thanks Neil
tigercook

Postby tigercook » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:05 pm

i have plugged in the additional power and changed my power setting disabling the PCIe power saving; no change tuners still unavailable, unless i reboot the machine. so is it now the background scanning or a driver problem? thanks Neil
tigercook

Postby steven » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:07 pm

Hi tigercook

Would you mind telling us that which card you are using ,because you have post this to
TBS6980 TBS6981 and TBS6984?

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby tigercook » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:56 pm

ah yes sorry i have just realised the tiered forum, i have 2 TBS6981 DVB-S2 Dual Tuner PCIe Card, thanks Neil
tigercook

Previous

Return to Windows