Moderator Control Panel ]

LNB OFF

LNB OFF

Postby MiNDHAQR » Wed May 05, 2010 2:36 pm

Hi,
I have just bought TBS 6980 card and I'm trying to set it up. I'm using DVBViewer to watch satellite channels on my PC. The PC configuration is:
Asus P5B-Deluxe motherboard
4GB of RAM
Widnows 7 x64

I used Skystar 2 before, using a splitter for the LNB signal, for watching both on a set-top box and on PC. It worked perfectly, of course on SkyStar 2 I watched channels only on the same polarisation of the set-top box channel. In DVBViewer I configured the LNB as "Shared LNB". When I used Skystar directly connected to LNB it worked also.
But for TBS 6980 it did not work. When I use TBS 6980 with splitter and together with the set-top box, then it is ok. I watch channels on the same polarisation as the box. But when I use TBS 6980 as directly connected to LNB, it does not power on the LNB. I have plugged in all 3 power cables of TBS 6980 to my power supply, but no effect. How can I tell TBS 6980 to power on the LNB?

Thanks for your assistance!
MiNDHAQR

Re: LNB OFF

Postby MiNDHAQR » Sat May 08, 2010 4:02 pm

The problem was in the F-connector connecting the LNB to TBS 69800 tuner.
All works perfectly now.
MiNDHAQR

Postby guacharaca » Sat May 08, 2010 11:22 pm

So you solved it by replacing the F-connector? I can see your switch receiving its LNB power from the other box. I am having a similar problem getting power to the LNB from the card. I am using ProgDVB and found that I need to slave the two tuners on my card to two of my STB boxes in order to get power to the two lnbs. I am also not able to get the card to utilize a diseq or a 22hz switch and am only able to switch back and forth between dishes by having tuner A connected to one dish and tuner B connected to the other dish. I am using the 2.0.0.0 driver for the card that is available on the net. I could not get the official present driver to operate both tuners. I am still experimenting.
guacharaca

Postby MiNDHAQR » Sun May 09, 2010 3:50 am

YEs, just replacing the F-connector solved my problems. Now TBS 6980 is connected directly to LNB and it powers it successfully, but works also with a splitter together iwth the STB.
Where did you get driver version 2.0.0.0? On the TBS website I only see 1.0.0.13..
MiNDHAQR

Postby guacharaca » Wed May 12, 2010 9:04 am

I have read many forums and someone posted it. When I see it again, I will post it. However you lose the ability to use the remote on the card. By using DVBdream instead of ProgDVB, I now have power being supplied to the LNB from the card instead of the STB box. Still trying to get the diseq to function though. Will try DVBviewer next. Have you tried to get a 22hz or a Diseq switch to work?

I am now able to put one dish on Tuner A and the other dish on tuner B in DVBdream with power being fed from the card. It does not switch back and forth automatically as in ProgDVB, but at least I do not have to turn on STB for power as I would in ProgDVB. If a Diseqc or ecoda switch would function with this card, it would solve a lot of headaches.
guacharaca

Postby guacharaca » Sun May 16, 2010 10:16 pm

Here is the link for the 2.0.0.0 beta driver
http://www.xpmediacentre.com.au/communi ... ile&id=251
guacharaca

Return to Windows