Moderator Control Panel ]

receiving high-band not possible

receiving high-band not possible

Postby pwdt » Tue May 18, 2010 2:14 am

Hello,
I'm using Win7 home premium 32bit version and driver 1.0.0.13.
I can't receive the high-Band of ASTRA 19,2° neither with Media center nor with BlazeDTV6.0.
While my first tests i thought it would be a hardware problem.
But after i installed the test version of DVB Dream it worked. So it looks for me like a driver Problem.
Is there someone who have a idea whatnot it could be?

Thanks,
Peter
pwdt

Re: receiving high-band not possible

Postby cody » Wed May 19, 2010 11:12 am

hi Peter, DVBDream uses the exact same driver and so if it's indeed driver problem then DVBDream won't work too. my best guess is that LNB settings in Windows 7 Media Center and BlazeDTV are wrong, while DVBDream uses correct LNB settings. please, check that - if you need more information, let us know.
cody

Postby pwdt » Sun May 23, 2010 5:05 pm

hi steve,
sorry but i can't find any fault in my LNB settings. It's a normal Quattro-LNB connected to diseqc switch.
There are only a few things i can't adjust.
The LOF switch frequency i can't wether see nor adjust and there is no button to activate/deactivate network search in Blaze.
And the transponder list in Blaze is not correct , means there are a lot of tranponders missing.

And the media center software is a typical windows plug and pray program where i don't know how to adjust.
pwdt

Postby cody » Mon May 24, 2010 10:55 am

after you are using Quattro-LNB and Diseqc switch then DVB application needs to send Diseqc commands to instruct those devices.

Windows Media Center in its configuration wizard offers both dealing with Diseqc and changing the LNB type (this is not on the screenshots):

cody

Postby pwdt » Mon May 31, 2010 6:33 am

hi,
i don´t know how the programs use the driver , but there is something not correct. I used my oscilloscope to check 14/18V switch and the 22kHz signal.The diseqc i cannot test. So i found out that with Blaze i have a wrong switch between low and highband. I use LOF1=9750MHz LOF2=10600MHz . that results in a switch frequency of 11550MHz. Then i changed the LOF2 to 10750MHz. The result is that the switch frequency changes to the correct frequency of 11700MHz. But that´s no way to get the correct switch frequency,the correct LOF2 is more importand. But that's not the reason i can't receive the high band. I tried to find a frequency(10MHz steps) in the high band were i get a lock. No result. A blind scan would be nice.

Driver version: 2.0.0.0

best regards
Peter
pwdt

Postby cody » Mon May 31, 2010 9:27 am

hi Peter,

it's very easy to set Universal LNB in BlazeDTV or any other type of LNB:

"BlazeDTV ---> Options ---> DTV ---> Scan... ---> Setup... ---> Setup..." and then choose "Ku-L Band" in case of Universal LNB.

here is screenshot:

and it's quite the same in all other DVB software players.
cody

Buy Boxcigar Cigarettes online

Postby Banodsoela » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:19 pm

Banodsoela

Return to Windows