Moderator Control Panel ]

TBS6980 and pay-tv

TBS6980 and pay-tv

Postby Volture » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:52 am

Hi,

recently I bought a TBS6980 and I'de liketo use this card to view Dutch pay-tv (Canal Digitaal). My current primary tv setup consists of a Dreambox with softcam (NewCS) to handle the Seca-3 card. I'de like to switch over to a mediacenter setup running on Windows Vista OS in combination with Mediaportal of Mediacenter (incl. TV Pack). The problem is that TBS card don't carry any CI slots. Are there third party CI interfaces for the PC that wil work with the TBS cards? Is it possible to use another vendor DVB-S2 card with CI to share the CI with the TBS card? Are there any good softcams under Windows to use with the TBS cards? I guess if so, that I need to buy a TBS cardreader. Please help. By now, I'm dreaming of bad google results.....
Volture

Re: TBS6980 and pay-tv

Postby cody » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:03 am

hi, this forum is not focused on subjects like softcam, etc. for well obvious reasons. in any case DVBLogic TVSource software can integrate plug-ins support to Windows 7 Media Center and i believe you can learn more about the subject on their forum.
cody

Postby Volture » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:17 am

cody Wrote:hi, this forum is not focused on subjects like softcam, etc. for well obvious reasons. in any case DVBLogic TVSource software can integrate plug-ins support to Windows 7 Media Center and i believe you can learn more about the subject on their forum.

Thank you for the response. If I leave out the softcam question, are there any other solutions regarding to CI hardware? Don't get me wrong. I'm a paying customer and don't want to have anything to do with illegal solutions.
Volture

Postby cody » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:08 am

Volture Wrote:are there any other solutions regarding to CI hardware?

with 6980 you can't use CI - we have upcoming models that have CI slot, but to use the CI slot in Windows 7 Media Center you need again plug-in for that CI, which means you need to use DVBLogic TVSource software - in short in either way CI or softcam you need DVBLogic TVSource software for integration of plug-in support inside Windows 7 Media Center. so, not much of a difference from software configuration point of view.
cody

Return to Windows