Moderator Control Panel ]

6980 AV-in

6980 AV-in

Postby elsparko » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:50 pm

got the 6980 card and all is working perfectly, but was just wondering if anyone has gotten the av-in port to work with anything? cant seem to get any picture from it!! would greatly appreciate some help
elsparko

Re: 6980 AV-in

Postby cody » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:53 am

elsparko Wrote:got the 6980 card and all is working perfectly, but was just wondering if anyone has gotten the av-in port to work with anything? cant seem to get any picture from it!! would greatly appreciate some help

AV-in port on 6980?! there is no such thing on the board - in fact there are LNB1 and LNB2 inputs as well as infra-red receiver input for the remote control on the rare panel of the board, as well as power plug for external extra power supply on the board if such is necessary. so, i don't know, but maybe you misunderstood and think the infra-red receiver input is AV-in.
cody

Postby NigelRS » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:33 am

I have recently installed a 6980 card and am interested in using the AV input. I was a little disappointed at the answer to this thread as it is incorrect. The 6980 has only one LNB and a mini DIN type socket that is marked as AV IN on the back of the board.
Checking the loaded drivers show a TV driver and a video capture driver. My video software (Nero 10, Adobe Premier etc.) recognise the the card as a capture device (webcam type) but I cannot connect my Dv camera to it.
Please note that the web photos of the 6980 clearly show the AV input port and the packaging shows a video capture capability.

I would be grateful if tech support could provide more information on the AV IN port; e.g. pin out details and video formats handled.
NigelRS

Postby steven » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:41 am

Hi NigelRS

About the video capture capability of 6980,because our driver is based on BDA structure which has video capture but we have not removed it,so you can see a
a video capture driver,and our card hardware is not support too,So sorry for the problem. :)
steven

Return to Windows