Moderator Control Panel ]

Yes one can simultaneously record two channels with DVBDream

Yes one can simultaneously record two channels with DVBDream

Postby guacharaca » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:25 am

I just discovered that DVBDream (later referred as DD) will record two channels at the same time. I first started DD version 1.4 which is pointed at AMC 21. It is connected to tuner 2. I then started DD version 1.5, a separate installation, which is pointed at Galaxy25. It is connected to tuner 1. At first I could only hear the sound from only one tuner until I set the two programs to use two different audio codecs. Once I did this, I had two different channels on my screen and could hear the sound from both channels. I then hit record on both programs and they both successfully recorded their respective channels from their separate satellites. Way Cool!
guacharaca

Re: Yes one can simultaneously record two channels with DVBD

Postby sami8519 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:45 am

Thanks alot mate for reporting your results. Much appreciated. Will try it as soon as i have an opportunity.
sami8519

Re: Yes one can simultaneously record two channels with DVBD

Postby cody » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:51 am

thanks for sharing your experience, i'm sure it will be helpful for a lot of users!

the whole idea of TBS 6980 is exactly to be able to do things like this and i also mentioned about the possibility of using two copies of DVBDream here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39&start=0#p198

it should be possible to use this idea with every software that doesn't have native support for dual tuner DVB cards.
cody

Return to Windows