Moderator Control Panel ]

Loss of signal on tuner B

Loss of signal on tuner B

Postby daringdave » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:55 am

I recently opened media center and tried to tune into a BBC channel off my TBS 6980 and was greeted by a "No TV Signal" message. I checked various other channels and got the same message. I then tried to rerun the TV Tuning wizard in media center which now says after 'examing tv signals' that it can only find a signal on the 'A' tuner and if I tune media center in to only use that tuner everything works, however for tuner B it just says no TV signal and finds no channel listings. I have tried swapping over the coax cable input and I still receive the same issue. I have also tried upgrading to the latest v. 2 beta drivers after which media center then told me the entire tuner could not be used as it was not compatabile with my region!?

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium with 64-bit and in the OX18 post code area.
The tuner worked flawlessly the day before the problems started with both tuners functionning and able to record SD / HD channels independantly. Nothing on my system has changed in interim which is why I am extremely puzzled as to the solution for this.

Any help will be much appreciated!
daringdave

Re: Loss of signal on tuner B

Postby cody » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:11 pm

i'm looking at this - there is only one another such case reported to us and the customer sent his card for investigation, because i believe it's some hardware fault. please, contact us on euro_support@tbsdtv.com for faster resolution of the problem.
cody

Postby SNIFFERdog » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:37 am

I am having this same problem within WMC7 but it's with Tuner A.

After doing a scan, the channels I get (Not all freesat channels get installed with in Media Center 7) they work fine for a while on both tuner A & B. Then after an few days I loose tuner A on BBC One, Two, ITV1 & Channel 4. These are the only channels I have tested so far. I don't use sleep mode as I can't get that to work at all so the computer is always started from a cold boot but can be left on for a few days. If I then re-scan I get both tuners working again for a undetermined period.

I also don't seem to get any MHEG (BBC Red Button) on BBC One, which I do get when using my other DVB-T Card? However the card does pick up Teletext from channel 4.

Is there any more news on this issue.

Regards

SNIFF
SNIFFERdog

Postby SNIFFERdog » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:34 am

For further info:

I have the power connection attached to my PSU from a connector from the PSU, I'm not using the cable that came with it. Do I need this connected at all? I don't have anything to power like motorised dish etc...

I might try testing with or without the extra power supply, and using the cable provided.
SNIFFERdog

Postby cody » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:58 am

all those issues were resolved in driver version 2.0.0.x. so, which driver version is installed in your system?
cody

Postby SNIFFERdog » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:43 am

Thanks for the reply, installed is:

TBS 6980 DVB-S/S2 DUAL BDA Version 2.0.0.5 Dated 09/09/2010

Still have the problem
SNIFFERdog

Return to Windows