Moderator Control Panel ]

TV-Source + driver 2.X

Re: TV-Source + driver 2.X

Postby Gikey » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:23 am

Hi everyone,
Despite I have TBS6981 I'm facing TVSource "Sorry, cannot display this channel..." issue which is also discussed on DVBLogic board -> thread that 'cody' mentioned about:
http://www.dvblogic.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=10924&start=45
I hope I'm wrong but it looks like we (TVsource users) have been left alone with the problem. Because you (TBS) are partners to DVBLogic would you mind talking to Oberon to take care of it?

"Help me Obi-Wan-Kenobi. You are my only hope" :D

Regards
G
Gikey

Postby providers » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:17 pm

I also think the problem is tv-soruce relatet.
If I use DVBViewer, I get fast channel change and everything just run nice.

But as Gikey is writing, we are left out in the dark, it dosent look like tv-source team care about it.
they always just write that its the card, driver or mdapi plugin that is the problem.
despite that everything is working in other programs.

Im also on my begging knees, as you are partners with them
could you guys then talk with them about the problem.

Thanks in advance
Kongedam
providers

Postby cody » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:13 pm

hi All,

i've just posted to DVBLogic forum:

http://www.dvblogic.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... =45#p31229

about current status from TBS point of view.

since so far no other TBS customers except the ones that are TVSource users complained from such issue, i believe it's better idea to keep the discussion about it in DVBLogic forum.

also, i posted there how you can help to clarify some inconsistencies about the issue, which can help for its faster resolution.

thanks,
cody
cody

Postby cody » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:31 am

robin74 Wrote:Wonderful post... Very informational and educational as usual!

i think not anymore so i believe those issues are solved from a long time.
cody

Postby dgre057 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:53 am

I've had a similar problem, and am really at a loss at the moment...
Hey there, I need help badly!

I'm using a TBS 6980 dual tuner, with DVBLink TVSource & Network Pack v3.2 (+ OSCam + Jaycar reader...it's TVSource instead of DVBViewer cos I couldn't lock any channels in DVBViewer...long story, and because DVBLink have stopped selling that version or supporting DVBViewer), Windows Media Center (win7 ultimate x64), and 2x Linksys Media Center Extenders. I've had problems pretty much forever, most of which have cleared up. But something I haven't been able to sort out in all the months of trying, is DVBLink seems to drop one or both of the tuners randomly. With TBS driver version 2.0.0.12, it mostly only happened when i accessed a tuner (live TV) on a second Media Center Extender (though also randomly after about a week). There is no "no signal" message or anything...the screen is just black. If a recording is scheduled it will sometimes come up with a "No Signal" error message, and won't record...but other times it will record, there'll just be nothing in it.

Last week I upgraded to the latest TBS driver (v2.0.0.14), and then things got really bad! It didn't only drop the tuner when I used the second extender...it happened all the time! Pretty much daily I'd have to restart the computer and try and get it back. So I've gone back to v2.0.0.12, but it's made no difference. If anything it's worse still. It's really not working at all. I can reset the DVBLink service...doesn't fix it. Restarting the PC usually does, but doesn't last long.

I don't know what to do or how to fix it. But there's way too much money invested to turn around now.

Do any of you have any ideas? Thanks heaps,

Desney
dgre057

Postby cody » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:41 am

hi Disney,

dgre057 Wrote:Last week I upgraded to the latest TBS driver (v2.0.0.14), and then things got really bad! It didn't only drop the tuner when I used the second extender...it happened all the time! Pretty much daily I'd have to restart the computer and try and get it back. So I've gone back to v2.0.0.12, but it's made no difference.

going back to v2.0.0.12 didn't make difference, because the only change between v2.0.0.12 and v2.0.0.14 is how much time the driver waits for acquiring lock. so, what i'm trying to explain is that going from v2.0.0.14 to v2.0.0.12 and back can't have any affect on the problem you're experiencing and thus what causing it is not the driver for your TBS card - if it's related to the drivers then changing them from v2.0.0.12 and v2.0.0.14 shouldn't have caused any difference. so, at least i don't have anything to suggest. also, your configuration is very complex to get clear idea what could be wrong - so removing everything else and use plain Windows 7 Media Center to record some FTA channels can give better idea, i.e. if you have such problem then or not, because at the moment nothing can be ruled out as root cause of the trouble.

regards,
cody
cody

Postby dgre057 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:10 pm

cody Wrote:hi Disney,

dgre057 Wrote:Last week I upgraded to the latest TBS driver (v2.0.0.14), and then things got really bad! It didn't only drop the tuner when I used the second extender...it happened all the time! Pretty much daily I'd have to restart the computer and try and get it back. So I've gone back to v2.0.0.12, but it's made no difference.

going back to v2.0.0.12 didn't make difference, because the only change between v2.0.0.12 and v2.0.0.14 is how much time the driver waits for acquiring lock. so, what i'm trying to explain is that going from v2.0.0.14 to v2.0.0.12 and back can't have any affect on the problem you're experiencing and thus what causing it is not the driver for your TBS card - if it's related to the drivers then changing them from v2.0.0.12 and v2.0.0.14 shouldn't have caused any difference. so, at least i don't have anything to suggest. also, your configuration is very complex to get clear idea what could be wrong - so removing everything else and use plain Windows 7 Media Center to record some FTA channels can give better idea, i.e. if you have such problem then or not, because at the moment nothing can be ruled out as root cause of the trouble.

regards,
cody

Hey there...late reply, sorry. Have been busy and haven't been able to play around until recently. I also have the problem that I can't simply try a whole bunch of things to isolate the problem...because everytime I restart the computer, the system works sweet for a few hours...or a couple of days...

Anyway, I've simplified the system and I can tell you the following:

I can't get a signal lock at all if I load the tuners straight into Media Center (using 2.0.0.8, 2.0.0.12 or 2.0.0.14). I can only get a signal lock if I run them thru TVSource. So for the last couple of weeks I've been watching and recording freeview channels only in MediaCenter but via TVSource. And the same problems exist. We have to restart the computer regularly as when we go to live tv on an extender, the screen is black (which at that stage is true on the computer too...and for any thing that records).

Does that help at all?

Thanks,

Desney
dgre057

Previous

Return to Windows