Moderator Control Panel ]

TV-Source + driver 2.X

TV-Source + driver 2.X

Postby providers » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:40 am

Hi

Let me say, im not sure if my problem is driver or tv-source related......

I have some trouble with tv-source if I upgrade to newest driver 2.0X
Latest driver I tryed was 2.0.0.5

Problem, now tuner 2 doesent work. (it shows, black screen)
I can use tuner 1 most of the time, but sometimes I also get the error "weak signal messages"

I think its driver version 2 that is the problem, course if I use version 1.0.13 its more stable.
still not 100%, but better than v. 2x

Ihope you guys can help me out.
/Providers
providers

Re: TV-Source + driver 2.X

Postby cody » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:38 am

hi, driver version 2.x is confirmed to work fine with TVSource, as you can read here:

http://www.dvblogic.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 24&start=0

but at first there were some compatibility issues caused by bug in TVSource that were fixed by DVBLogic in the latest version in TVSource. so, if you use that latest version your problem is not likely to be caused by driver version 2.x or TVSource and by something else.

since you get "weak signal messages", please, tell me how much percents for "signal quality" (not for "signal strength") you get for several transponders by your choice and on which satellite they are located - if you have equations how to do it, let me know.
cody

Postby providers » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:50 am

Hi

the one one the forum talking about TBS6980 (User Kongedam) thats me :)
and yes I thought it worked, but it dident and it did get even worse when upgrading to version 2.0.0.5

How can I read signal quality?

Driver 1.0.13 Both tuner works but after some time I get error sign from tv-source "tecnical error....low signal"
Driver 2.0.0.4 Tuner 1 works, but tuner 2 only give me a black screen.
Driver 2.0.0.5 everything goes cracy, I sometimes get the error messages sometime black screen.

I now have donwgraded to 1.0.13, now I can see tv most of the day.
some time it can beenugh to restart tv-souce service and I get picture again, sometime I need to restart.
providers

Postby cody » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:03 am

hmm, that really sounds like some bug in TVSource - i've just read here

http://www.dvblogic.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... =30#p30875

about:

“Sorry, cannot display this channel either because there is a technical problem or no TV signal”

error message and i've never heard about such problem, because no one complained before? as far as i understand you're talking about the same issue.

DVBDream shows both signal level and signal quality:

https://shop.tbsdtv.com/download2/common/ ... p_v15d.rar

also, please, test with DVBDream for the the problem - just leave for few hours of even during the whole night or something like that and check if it will lost signal like TVSource, because DVBDream and TVSource use similar "bda.dev" device module to control the BDA device.
cody

Postby msniper » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:18 am

Hi

I have the same problem where I receive a blank display with driver 2.0.0.5 and TV Source 3.1. Could you please post a link to the V1 driver for Windows 7 x64 so that I can see if that fixes it?

Thanks!
msniper

Postby cody » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:45 pm

hi, as you already posted here:

http://www.dvblogic.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 4&start=45

debug output of the driver indicates lock, which means it's TVSource fault - as Oberon from DVBLogic mentioned there they had similar bug in their previous versions.

of course, there is no problem to try older driver version and here is version 1.0.0.13 that was in use for a long period of time:

http://rapidshare.com/files/420123495/T ... 0.0.13.rar
cody

Postby providers » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:00 pm

Hi Cody

I have just updatet my post on dvblogic forum, with log files
http://dvblogic.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... 007#p30856

Black screen when updating to driver 2.0.0.5 but it look like the error "“Sorry, cannot display this channel either because there is a technical problem or no TV signal” isent shown anymore on tuner 1.
maybe im just lucky :)
providers

Postby cody » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:45 pm

hi, it's not about luck - it's clearly bug in TVSource, because you see debug output from TBS driver shows there is lock, your Acamd is showing it receives data and it seems the same problem happens with cards by other manufacturers with TVSource. i can't see any other explanation - the problem is not reproducible with Windows 7 Media Center alone - at least i can't reproduce it, which is another confirmation pointing about bug in TVSource.
cody

Postby msniper » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:44 pm

Hi Cody
I went back to the old driver and all is well.
Cheers
Richard
msniper

Postby cody » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:49 pm

msniper Wrote:I went back to the old driver and all is well.

hi Richard, thank you for informing me. i will look at it trying to find some explanation, but the main question that remains - why only TVSource is affected? i still believe TVSource is doing something in wrong order, because in 2.x we made everything to be done in the correct order for Windows 7 Media Center to work correctly including resume from standby. it's very confusing though. why no one else is complaining (i mean someone not using TVSource) and why in TVSource forum people with different brands of cards complain from the same issue - i saw in TVSource forum at least two different brands that users described the same problem.
cody

Next

Return to Windows