Moderator Control Panel ]

TBS6590 and Windows 10

Re: TBS6590 and Windows 10

Postby farsan » Fri May 10, 2019 3:38 pm

Hi!

I don´t have to stop MP but I have tried both ways with the sam result.
I also tried to uninstall MP before testing with DVBDream.
The last version you sent was not able to see any channels at all! But the previous version did! Strange!!
At the moment I don´t want to open a remote session in my firewall for different reasons.

Regards

//Folke
farsan

Postby farsan » Tue May 14, 2019 7:24 pm

Hi!

New tests.
Uninstalled everything including MP.
Removed all drivers and software.
New installation with your latest driver for TBS6590
Installed the latest DVBDream.
DVBDream can access the card and I was able to scan for channels.
I get the channels list and I can watch only the unscarmbled ones as before.
Not able to access any of the CAM.
So now I don´t know what to do next.
Ny card?

Regards

//Folke
farsan

Postby ratata » Wed May 15, 2019 5:01 pm

Hello Folke-farsan.
I suppose it's the v1.22 of MediaPortal you're talking about when re-installing? The version released april 28? Versions prior to that doesn't have mm1352000's patch for the CI functionality included in the setup, it has to be added manually and downloaded from here. I haven't tried v1.22 myself yet so I can't guarantee that the patch is included even if said so. One thing I'm sure of though is that the CI patch had to be added manually after every update of MediaPortal prior to v1.22 since the setup deleted the patch during the update process. It might be worth checking. Also, keep in mind that the CI tab in the TVserver setup provides no functionality at all when using a TBS card, hence the lack of information under that tab.

ratata
Sweden (men det hajjade du va? :D )

*edit: I forgot to ask, wherefrom do you get the signal when watching CA scrambled channels?
ratata

Postby farsan » Wed May 15, 2019 10:56 pm

Hi!

I am using an ordinary TV antenna and the Boxer system.
The thing is that I get the same poor result with DVBDream! And not having MP installed!
I have already tried the patch but with no success.
Is there any issues with different CAM´s? Does it have to be a specific brand?

//Folke
farsan

Postby ratata » Fri May 17, 2019 5:35 pm

I have to ask, are you sure you have the CA module correctly inserted? If not, the DVB card will still work as intended and you will not be notified that it has been inserted 'upside down'. On top of that, the same goes for the personal program card you insert into the CA module, no notification if it's inserted the wrong way. I know nothing about DVBDream but if the CA module and the program card are both correctly inserted you can see this by selecting the 'CI Menu' tab in MediaPortal TV Server Configuration and then press the Open Menu button. The small CI Menu textbox will then show you some information about your subscription and program card. Also, one thing to remember is that you most likely will have to restart your PC while testing what positions the correct position of the CA module and program card, some motherboards doesn't react to a new insertion of the CA module if first initiation failed. Also, don't forget that depending on the broadcaster, the time from when the CA module starts and to where it for the first time starts to un-scramble the signal varys from an instant up to 24 hours. From what I remember, Boxer can be really slow on this. This means that your prime target is to get some information in the CI menu tab, once there un-scrambling will follow.

Good luck
ratata
ratata

Postby farsan » Wed May 22, 2019 7:01 pm

I´ve been using MP for more than 8 years now and have tried several different tv-cards with no problem.
There is only one way to insert the CA module because of the little tab on the card and the repective slot in the TBS6590.
So that should not be the problem. The PC can se the card as it should and there is no problem to add the driver but that´s it!
I´m thinking of trying a different PC to see if there is something alse in the setup that is the problem.
But as I said all the other cards I´ve been testing is working as they should.

//Folke
farsan

Postby ratata » Wed May 29, 2019 11:37 pm

I purchased a TBS6590 myself now, I got it today but sadly I got the same result as you, it doesn't work with the same CA modules that I currently use with a pair of TBS6618. Straaange...However, it looks like a couple of guys working with MP noticed this and from what I understand the next MP update of tbsciapi.dll will solve this issue in the next couple of days.

ratata
ratata

Postby farsan » Thu May 30, 2019 8:46 pm

Sounds good!!
Thanx for the info!
farsan

Postby ratata » Fri May 31, 2019 5:33 pm

Hello.
I'm not sure if you've seen it yourself, but the new beta of the tbsciapi.dll now also puts CI functionality into our TBS6590 cards. It can be found in this thread, page 80. When using MP, the only thing that differs from before when using two single cards, is that you can no longer leave the numeric updown control that limits the number of channels simultaneously decoded on the default zero (unlimited). If left on zero, both of the tuners will try to use the same CA module. Limit both of them to 1 (one) channel and it will work as intended.

ratata
ratata

Postby farsan » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:18 pm

Must try!!!
farsan

PreviousNext

Return to TBS6590 Multi Standard Dual Tuner Dual CI PCI-e Card