Moderator Control Panel ]

TBS6590 driver/ntdll crash

Re: TBS6590 driver/ntdll crash

Postby fatal » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:52 am

steven Wrote:Hi Sir

You can use DVBDream TSWrite plugin it will save all TS stream
please watch the problem transponder and do not put CAM insert and record .

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven

Hi steven,

First, I've tried to record BBC Earth HD with tswriter2 with CI unchecked at tuner settings, but with the active TBS CI Plugin (I guess this is the API DLL), but since it records the active channel, DVBDream crashed instantly when I selected the channel. I've tried both with physically inserted and removed CAM Module, result is the same.

So next I disabled the CI API, and this way I can select the channel (obviously it's not playing, since its encrypted).

However (no matter the channel) in this configuration as soon as I click tswriter2 I got a visual c++ error. After clicking ok on the error window DVBDream is not responding anymore.

I've attached the logs of the last try (start dvbdream, select bbc earth, click on tswriter2), I don't know if it helps.

dvbdream_no_cam_tswriter_logs.zip
(4.58 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Attachments
dvbdream_vcpp_error.jpg
VC++ error when clicking tswriter2
dvbdream_vcpp_error.jpg (10.09 KiB) Viewed 5275 times
fatal

Postby steven » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:39 pm

Hi Sir

Thanks so much for your feedback, so strange issue i have never met ,please send email to our support@tbsdtv.com
let us have a remote check

Thanks

kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby fatal » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:57 pm

Thanks so much for your feedback, so strange issue i have never met ,please send email to our support@tbsdtv.com
let us have a remote check

Thanks

kind Regards

steven

Hi,

I think it's possible that this recording vc++ issue is on my side, I will check dvbdream recording with a clean OS (let DVBDream install it's own visual c++ library) and I will let you know in this topic what happened. If it's not working I will write an e-mail. Thanks.

One more question, it looks like StreamRecorder plugin is working and as far as I can see on DvbDream forums, it does the same, record the whole transponder (all channels). Is it okay for you?
fatal

Postby steven » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:51 pm

record the whole transponder (all channels) is a good option thanks
steven

Postby fatal » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:39 am

steven Wrote:record the whole transponder (all channels) is a good option thanks

Hi steven,

I've recorded transponder for ~3 minutes with streamrecorder in dvbdream. MediaInfo says it has 3 video channels, that looks okay. 1 is encrypted (that causes the crash) of course and the CI Plugin was disabled in that case as you asked in the first comment reagrding this topic.

I uploaded it to google drive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IjI2oJS_S7SPT3thCUi1T9pm51Ub6fgq/view

Preview (by google) generated from one of the unencrypted channels. Please let me know if you need me to upload it somewhere else.
fatal

Postby steven » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:05 pm

Hi sir

Thanks so much for the TS file let us have a check at our side

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby steven » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:28 pm

Hi Sir

Just checked with our colleague , for your case possible have a try test the card with windows10 or windows xp ,7
and the memory 2GB is little low ,if possible have a try update the memory and try again

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby fatal » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:13 pm

Just checked with our colleague , for your case possible have a try test the card with windows10 or windows xp ,7
and the memory 2GB is little low ,if possible have a try update the memory and try again

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven

Hi sir,

That information in DvbDream's log is wrong. As I wrote earlier, I'm using Windows 10 20H2 and I have 32 gigs of ram.

Probably DVBDream version is old and thinks all windows 6.x is Vista and since it's 32-bit application max memory is 2GB (for its process).

Hardware is Asus Prime Z370-A, i7 8700k, 32GB RAM and a Radeon RX5700XT. Also as I said earlier, on Linux it's fine, so it's a software issue on Windows.

ram.jpg

win10.jpg
fatal

Previous

Return to TBS6590 Multi Standard Dual Tuner Dual CI PCI-e Card