Moderator Control Panel ]

How to configure DVB hardware in Windows 7 Media Center:

How to configure DVB hardware in Windows 7 Media Center:

Postby warumnix » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:07 pm

Hi, Users:
you can configure your DVB hardware in Windows 7 Media Center using the following way:

Windows Media Center -> Tasks -> settings -> TV -> TV Signal -> Set Up TV Signal
and follow the steps to setup the DVB-S/S2 tuner in Media Center.
for example, the dish points to Astra 19.2E and if Germany is choosed as a country after few steps you will get:
- mc_setup_001.jpg
and at the end:
- mc_setup_002.jpg
because Media Center based on the selected country and the checks it runs automatically detects that the signal is most probably from Astra 19.2E satellite.
please, note that all initially found channels in the channel list are predefined by Windows 7 Media Center and added automatically from Microsoft database and their parameters are usually wrong and trying them will results in "no signal" message, because Microsoft predefined database is not always up to date, but in any case ignore it and just continue with go to:
Windows Media Center -> Tasks -> settings -> TV -> TV Signal -> Satellite Transponder Scan -> Single transponder scan
and scan some transponder manually (in the example i used 11362 H):
- mc_scan_001.jpg
and at the end the channels on that transponder are found successfully:
- mc_scan_002.jpg
- mc_scan_003.jpg
then go to:
Windows Media Center -> TV -> live tv
and the channels that you have just scaned are added at the end of the channel list (don't use predefined channels in the list, because as mentioned their parameters are usually wrong):
- mc_chan_list.jpg
and if i select one of them you can watch it:
- mc_zdf_hd.jpg

regards,
warumnix
warumnix

Re: How to configure DVB hardware in Windows 7 Media Center:

Postby dootech » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:27 am

Hi I used this guide for freesat uk. Works great to pick up individual channels eh BBC HD. Issue is when I do a second single transponder scan for lets say channel4 it works fine but first channel stops working

Am I doing something wrong?
dootech

Re: How to configure DVB hardware in Windows 7 Media Center:

Postby Rave » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:05 pm

I strongly recommend taking the time to setup: DVBLink + TVSource + Digiguide for EPG (by DVBLogic). The default channels given by Microsoft are terrible.

You can fully customise your channel line up (takes a bit of time) but then backup the settings as an XML file so when you re-install Windows/upgrade etc, you can just restore your saved channel line up.
Rave

Return to Windows