Moderator Control Panel ]

No signal after resume from standby

Re: No signal after resume from standby

Postby steven » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:35 am

Phil Wrote:Hi

Do you have VirtualBox installed on Windows 7? If so, try uninstalling it, as I found their virtual network card, even when disabled in Device Manager, caused the problems you describe along with (after resuming from standby\hibernate):
- taking ages (~40-50secs)to re-establish network connection
- often failing to re-establish network connection

I didn't experience these problems under XP, so I suspect it's a compatability bug with VirtualBox's software when used in Windows 7.

Cheers
Phil

Hi Phil
Thanks for your advise,it maybe help someone who uses VirtualBox.
Thanks
steven

Postby HFamilyDad » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:57 am

Hi,

I'm experiencing this problem and have found the new drivers 2.0.0.21 do not work.

Is there any news on this yet as it appears other users are still not satisfied with these drivers.

I'm using
ASUS P5N7A-VM m/b
GIGABYTE GTX560Ti OC
Win 7 64

Ill be happy to supply more info if required.

Thanks
HFamilyDad

Postby steven » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:40 am

HFamilyDad Wrote:Hi,

I'm experiencing this problem and have found the new drivers 2.0.0.21 do not work.

Is there any news on this yet as it appears other users are still not satisfied with these drivers.

I'm using
ASUS P5N7A-VM m/b
GIGABYTE GTX560Ti OC
Win 7 64

Ill be happy to supply more info if required.

Thanks

Hi

Would you mind tell us which player you are use?

Thanks
steven

Postby HFamilyDad » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:16 pm

Hi,

I'm using Windows Media Centre

Thankyou
HFamilyDad

Postby steven » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:01 pm

HFamilyDad Wrote:Hi,

I'm using Windows Media Centre

Thankyou

Hi

Would you mind use TBSView or DVBDream have a test,and do you have updated your BIOS?

Thanks
steven

Postby HFamilyDad » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:10 am

Hi,

I havent tried using TBS Viewer but have proved that it is this cards incompatibility with my Gigabyte GTX560Ti OC graphics card. My system works flawless without the Graphics card installed in its slot - resumes from standby and the tuners are operational. As soon as its installed I get no tuners on resume from standy even if I havent run WMC before the sleep state (including WMC services).

Latest drivers are installed for all devices in my system.

Can you help with this? If you can't then I'm afraid one card will have to go and it won't be my graphics card!

I'm happy to help with any usefull diagnostic you offer, are then any other users using this same graphics card for starters?

Regards
HFamilyDad

Postby HFamilyDad » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:11 am

Yes my BIOS is upto date on my ASUS P5N7A-VM m/b.
HFamilyDad

Postby steven » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:38 pm

HFamilyDad Wrote:Yes my BIOS is upto date on my ASUS P5N7A-VM m/b.

Hi HFamilyDad

Maybe Gigabyte GTX560Ti's Bridge not compatible with TBS6981's bridge ,this problem maybe can not solve
quickly,when we have any progress about this problem,we will contact you as soon as possible.

Thanks
steven

Postby bencrundwell » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:40 am

I'm having the same problems. I am running Windows Media Centre on Windows 7 x64 and if I reboot the machine everything works fine. Once I go into standby and then resume I can't access any channels until I restart the machine again. As a temporary solution I have had to set the Power option to stay on all day which adds around 120W of standby electricity use, which isn't a long term solution.

I have tried updating the drivers for the 9681, my BIOS, video card etc and that made no difference, so I tried plugging it into a different PCIE slot, which if anything made it worse as it now ALWAYS fails on resume rather than just sometimes!

Other than a wireless USB keyboard the only peripherals are my ASUS 275GTX graphics card and the P5E3 Deluxe/WiFi-AP@n Motherboard they are both plugged into.

Please help as its very frustrating not being able to put the HTPC into standby from both a noise and a cost perspective
bencrundwell

Postby bob » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:49 pm

Maybe it relate with the PCIE slot,Please try the PCIE x16 slot,or change to other slot.
Not all the slots are the same.
bob

PreviousNext

Return to Windows