Moderator Control Panel ]

HD Freesat Channels

Re: HD Freesat Channels

Postby Fingers » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:18 am

Yet another update... 5th day of fiddling!

I have finally managed to get my Win 7 PC to take a pack of Win 7 codecs and they are finally recognised by DVBDream and I can now get the audio on HD channels. I even have the choice of the horrid "nar" audio described channel or the AC3 one. Great. But it shouldn't be this difficult! The Win 7 codec pack is "windows.7.codec.pack.v3.5.0.setup.exe". I cannot find the web-site again but the company is Cole Williams in the US.

Hope this helps anyone else?
Fingers

Postby kpm » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:07 pm

Hi Fingers,

Just thought I'd post here so that you know at least one person is reading your updates and finding them useful :-)

I've also sufferred similar problems to you...no HD channels, Freesat EPG terrible in WMC etc. I also updated the DVB Dream application only to find, like you, that this turned it into a time limited trial version...I find that a very dubious tactic on the part of TBSDTV.

Could I ask you...please can you post the transponder info here where you found your HD channels. I think I have the correct info but it's still not picking up these channels - it would be useful if I could verify that I have the correct info.

Re the remote, I use a Windows Media Center remote control...something like this (and it works very well)...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wireless-Wind ... 810wt_1096

...but I think I'm right in saying that the 'VHID' drivers are the ones to use if you want the TBS remote to work (please can someone correct me if that's not correct?).

Re the EPG, I've started to use 'Guide Tool' (http://1geek1tool.com/guidetool) to edit my EPG, but does anyone know of an easier way to get the FreeSat UK EPG into WMC?

Finally...I'm still having problems with the tuners' drivers not loading when starting windows, and even when they do (usually after 4-5 reboots), I often find that WMC has not recorded a channel even though I'm only using one of the two available tuners)...so you're far from alone in experiencing problems with this card.

The person I've been emailing back and forth in support @ tbs is very helpful, but I still can't help feeling a little disappointed at the overall experience...if only things worked straight out of the box...

Cheers,

Kevin
kpm

Postby ArferDaley » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:27 am

hi folks
its been two years almost I have installed the 6982 an updated 6981 I am let too believe the problems I have are the same as you guys did anyone manage too sort the epg out fully I have been thru three scans now have sorted most out is their an epg for freesat we can lock onto somehow ??
ArferDaley

Previous

Return to Windows