Moderator Control Panel ]

tbs 6981 broken?

tbs 6981 broken?

Postby bwegner » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:15 am

according to this post https://shop.tbsdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=193
I had been able to get more details about the problem. It seems that the card lost's the signal after some time.

In detail:
I connected a stand a lone receiver to the cable and had a good signal with all channel I need.
Then I connected the same cable to the tbs 6981 and started channel search using tbsviewer. It found some channels and seem to work.
After this I changed the preffered card, using the options, and started the channel search again. It found some channges, but after maybe 20 channels, there was no more signal.

When I disconnect the cable, connect it back to the stand alone receiver, I get a good signal as before.

Reconnecting the cable to the tbs 6891 starts the same procedure as described above.

Either the card is broken or I have a power supply problem in my htpc?

Any ideas?
bwegner

Re: tbs 6981 broken?

Postby atef » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:29 pm

i think the card loses signal after some time too. i'm using dvbviewer and some times (randomly) the video freezes and it does not switch to other channels. i have to restart the pc.

I loved this card until this problem came up .
atef

Postby bwegner » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:18 pm

today I retried a scan but the same result. Good signal for about 5 minutes and then the signal gets lost.

Would this be a broken card or something in the setup?
bwegner

Postby cody » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:05 am

bwegner Wrote:today I retried a scan but the same result. Good signal for about 5 minutes and then the signal gets lost.

Would this be a broken card or something in the setup?

how good exactly? i mean what "signal quality" indicates in percents?
cody

Postby bwegner » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:02 pm

about 90%
bwegner

Postby cody » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:05 am

bwegner Wrote:about 90%

that's very strong signal - over 14 dB and so it's unlikely misalignment of the dish to cause signal loss from time to time. we haven't any case in our technical support database like yours - when there is good signal at first and then it disappears, which means never before there was hardware fault causing similar troubles as yours, if we assume it's hardware fault. anyway, i can't see what else we can try than sending back your the card to us for diagnostics. please, e-mail to euro_support@tbsdtv.com and support@tbsdtv.com (yes, always send to both e-mails) to arrange the details. thanks.
cody

Return to Windows