Moderator Control Panel ]

TBS6981 doesn't scan and DiSEqC isn't working.

TBS6981 doesn't scan and DiSEqC isn't working.

Postby IanPH » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:10 am

Today I received my TBS6981 which I ordered from eBay. I installed it in my TV Server which runs Windows 7 x64 using the latest 2.0.0.4 drivers.

I ordered this tuner because it's recommended by TVSource from DVBLogic (which I am a pioneer user of).

The problem I have is as follows:

I've set up two headends using:

1: Pos A/A Astra 19.2
2: Pos A/B Astra 23.5

Headend 1 scans until 11720 MHz when it starts to fail on every transponder from and above that frequency.
Headend 2 scans only on transponder 10862,H,22000,56 and transponder 12565,H,27500,23 but the results from that scan are from transponder 10862,H,22000,89,S2 and 11720,H,27500,34 on Astra 19.2 respectively. On headend 2 all other frequencies fail.

As you can see in this thread:

http://www.dvblogic.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 24&start=0

There are more users with different setups have the same problems. And as you can also see, Oberon is asking us to report the problems to your support desk.

Could you please investigate this matter and solve this issue?

Thanks a lot for your time.

Yours sincerely,

Ian P. Heitmans
IanPH

Re: TBS6981 doesn't scan and DiSEqC isn't working.

Postby cody » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:21 pm

Ian, thanks for bringing our attention to this issue. however, considering the information posted in DVBLogic forum that you referred this problem is limited only to DVBLogic software and other DVB applications like DVBDream and DVBViewer are not affected and work with any issues. so, i believe it's better to continue the discussion in DVBLogic forum here:

http://www.dvblogic.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 24&start=0

where more people can give feedback, etc. i will post to their forum in few minutes.

regards,
cody
cody

Postby IanPH » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:48 pm

Hello Cody,

Thank you for your reply but I think you might have misread my postings at DVBLogic although I do admit my first posting and result where somewhat premature.

DVBViewer is not working at all!

DVBDream does work but only on Tuner B.

As you might have read at the DVBLogic forum, I copied the bda.dev from DVBDream to TVSource and got the TBS6981 partly working in TVSource. The results with the DVBDream bda.dev are the same in TVSource. Tuner B finds all the channels on both DiSEqC switches but Tuner A keeps returning only a few transponders which al come from the base LNB (DiSEqC A/A) regardless of my DiSEqC settings.

I can hardly believe there is no software available that is not 100% working with your card. So I believe it's either a driver issue or a defective card.

To rule out problems with my cabling, I've switched the two F-connectors from Tuner b->Tuner a and visaversa. But does not solve or change anything.
IanPH

Postby cody » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:39 pm

Ian, it seems something really strange is going on, because:

"DVBViewer is not working at all"

but even our own TBSViewer player bundled with the TBS 6981 card is based on OEM version of DVBViewer. if the card is faulty (or got damaged during the transportation) that's the easiest thing to solve, but first we need to confirm somehow this, otherwise we can send a replacement and you continue to have those strange problems.

so, what exactly happens when you try to use DVBViewer?

when you use DVBDream do you use "bda.dev" that is found on the installation CD of your TBS 6981 card?

let's try to rule out some software fault and confirm hardware fault. what i'm currently suspecting is some hardware fault in tuner A, but that doesn't explain the problem with DVBViewer and also with TVSource, but they released some new "bda.dev":

http://www.dvblogic.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... t=0#p30555

please, try it and share the test results with us.

thank you,
cody
cody

Return to Windows