Moderator Control Panel ]

TBS6981 doesn't work from sleep

TBS6981 doesn't work from sleep

Postby Benoire » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:27 pm

Hi,

I've got an issue with one of my cards, upon resuming from sleep the tv card cannot be found or used but on a full reboot it is fine and it can be used to tune to a channel.

The system is a Phenom II with 12Gb Ram, 2 x 6981s, GT430 and other standard AM3 motherboard hardware. It is running Windows 7 HP, Argus-TV connecting to a MediaPortal client.

On a full restart, in Argus Recorder, both cards are detected fine and I have access to all four tuners including live Tv and recording. However, upon resume from sleep, one of the cards cannot be found and Argus TV (and MediaPortal TVE) states that I have only 1 card with 2 tuners installed. Both engines then refuse to tune anything until reset where by the second card comes back on line.

Are there any issues surrounding the drivers or these cards? Does it sound like the card is on its way out? It has only just started to happen over the past week or so and I've rebuilt windows several times in the past two weeks to try and fix it but each install does the same thing.

Any suggestions or comments happily received!

Cheers,

chris
Benoire

Re: TBS6981 doesn't work from sleep

Postby a11an » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:18 am

I have a very similar problem. I have a 6981 that is missing (shows as an unavailable) from device manager when I resume for standby. Once I reboot the computer the 6981 is back working fine. This used to work fine, I have no idea why its started doing this, its driving me mad! I have tried different drivers but so far no luck.

The computer is an Acer Aspire XC-106 AMD-5000 using the onboard graphics.

Does anyone have any advice on what this could be and how I could resolve the issue?

Thanks,
Allan
a11an

Postby a11an » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:15 am

My issue has got worse, now the card is not even appearing after a cold start. I'm starting to wonder if the card has died. Any ideas of things I could try before I put it in the bin and get a card from dvbsky. Loosing faith in TBS.
a11an

Postby m1maj » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:48 pm

a11an Wrote:My issue has got worse, now the card is not even appearing after a cold start. I'm starting to wonder if the card has died. Any ideas of things I could try before I put it in the bin and get a card from dvbsky. Loosing faith in TBS.

I have just seen this after posting my own tale of woe. I have exactly the same problem - card initially not working after sleep, and recently not working at all.

What did you eventually do?
m1maj

Return to Windows