Moderator Control Panel ]

Can view channels on DVBDream but not WMC7

Can view channels on DVBDream but not WMC7

Postby Wheeker » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:07 pm

Hi there, I have just installed my 6981 on W7 32bit to view UK Freesat. For some reason some channels show-up in WMC but report "No Signal", these are viewable absolutely fine in DVBDream (95% Signal Strength & 82% Quality). I had initially installed the latest Driver 2.0.1.7 but also tried 2.0.1.6 & 2.0.1.5 & they didn't work either. The affected channels are all the channels on certain transponders, e.g.: 11024/H/23000 & 10174/H/22000.
Can you help?
Many thanks
Wheeker

Re: Can view channels on DVBDream but not WMC7

Postby Wheeker » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:56 pm

Just to update that I'm not much further on. Here's a summary of what I've tried to-date:

I have no spare power cables in my case so I got an adapter cable & manged to hook-up one of the molex connectors on the TBS supplied power cable. Bingo- for the first time I got a signal on the previous "No Signal" channels :) ...... for a while.... then the "No signal" message came back..... then I tried a restart & then no channels worked.

Even more confusingly, as above all channels work fine in other software (DVB Dream & TBS Viewer), all channels can be recorded fine but report "No Signal" in WMC Live TV & when in "Edit Channels" the "show preview" displayed all channels fine!

I was convinced that I must have a corrupt MC TV Set-up, so I tried a MCERecoveryTask, which reported a "Last Run Report" error of "0x80040154" in Task Scheduler. So then I tried the Hack7mc method to clear the Guide & Tuner Set Up. Then I tried turning WMC off & on again under Windows Features. None of these attempts have produced solid TV.

My last thought is to go back to the power issue- perhaps all 3 of the molex connectors on the TBS power cable need to be connected? I am using a pci to pci-e convertor, perhaps it is not passing through enough power? But don't really want to buy/connect up another 2 of the adapter cables I bought, maybe I can use http://i.ebayimg.com/t/4-Pin-Molex-to-6-Pin-PCI-E-power-adapter-converter-graphics-card-cable-/00/s/Mzc3WDUwMg==/z/-LcAAOxyd8NSa6Ph/$(KGrHqJ,!rQFJrC8BN8EBS,6PhS61w~~60_12.JPG instead of the TBS power cable? Maybe the card itself is faulty? Would an older driver work? Any help?
Wheeker

Return to Windows