Moderator Control Panel ]

TBS6981 Card only produces a partial Channel list

TBS6981 Card only produces a partial Channel list

Postby Hersh » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:43 am

I have been struggling with this issue for over a year now. I can't seem to get this device to pick up the channels my TV receiver picks up. It only shows a partial list. I am now considering purchasing the 6985 model, but I can't justify spending even more on these devices when I can't get the one I have to work.

Today was the last straw. I bought an amplifier thinking that perhaps the PCIe card is not providing the voltage to control the switch for horizontal or vertical selection. I purchased one with 20V power adapter. No change. Prior to this I even bought a 4-molex connector adapter, replaced my power supply and connected them. This also made no difference. I had a non-standard mini ITX-esque tower from Gateway so I was limited in my power supply selection.

I have now purchased a brand new computer with a standard sized ATX tower. And yet, I still have the same problems.

What gives?

I am in North America and I have my dished pointed to Galaxy 19 (97 W).
Hersh

Re: TBS6981 Card only produces a partial Channel list

Postby steven » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:15 pm

Hi Hersh

Can you give us more detail information,such as which transpnder's channel you can not receive?
and which soft you are using and so on.

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby steven » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:09 pm

Hi Hersh

These transponder are normal,and if you can receive some transponder,
Can you have a try move your dish to the right position ,maybe the signal is not very well.
so you missed some transponders.

Thanks

Kind Regards
steven

Postby Hersh » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:04 am

But as I explained in my initial post, I have a receiver connected to the same dish. It receives all the channels just fine, so signal should not be a problem. I have adjusted the dish numerous times and even moved it to the top of the roof rather than the side, to improve the line of sight. Nothing made a difference.
Hersh

Postby Hersh » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:38 am

So, there's no one to help?
Hersh

Return to Windows