Moderator Control Panel ]

TBS6981 not seen by Windows at all anymore. Faulty card?

TBS6981 not seen by Windows at all anymore. Faulty card?

Postby jascha » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:22 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a TBS6981 that has been giving me some trouble for some months now. Originally it worked fine since my upgrade to Windows 10 from windows 7 on a system with a Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 mobo but started having problems as most of the times the card was not being recognised under Device Manager. It was just pot luck and only worked when given specific IRQ numbers and not others by Windows. I kept getting the Device not started message when starting Progdvb. I decided to upgrade my mobo to a Gigabyte GA-950A-UD3P and reinstalled windows 10 yesterday and I can't get the card to be seen once again. I have tried all the pcie slots. I wonder if anyone can help me out trying to figure out what the issue is here please as I have run out of options and patience. I doubt the card is faulty but it could be I guess. If that's the case what should I replace it with? I read about sky DVB-s2 cards such as the 950 or 952 that should work with windows 10. After all could this be an incompatibility issue? A windows 10 issue? Help please. Thanks
jascha

Re: TBS6981 not seen by Windows at all anymore. Faulty card?

Postby Jessie » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:06 pm

please refer to attached pics to change some pcie setting on BIOS and update the BIOS to the latest version.
make sure set the PCI-E link speed to Gen1 like this ,as most users after set the BIOS it can detect our card so you can have a try.
Attachments
2.png
Jessie

Return to Windows