Moderator Control Panel ]

TBS in multi-tuner vendor environments

TBS in multi-tuner vendor environments

Postby veehexx » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:58 pm

I've recently bought a PCTV 292e DVB-T2 usb tuner and am unable to get it working on my system. FYI, the 292e is natively supported in >=3.16 kernels, using em28xx module.
Asking on the Mythtv mailing list, it seems that I'm not the only one with this problem, and as of yet have not found a solution to having TBS in a multi-vendor tuner environment.

My problem is that the 292e is detected by my distro (fedora 21, with 3.19 kernel), but the 292e requires firmware to be loaded for it to obtain a /dev/dvb/adapter assignment (my previous DVB-T tuner didnt, thus working correctly). This is the bit that is not being configured; the adapter assignment.
From what i have gathered this is because TBS (6981) drivers change the required files and possibly not allow the kernel to setup my 292e properly.

I am wondering if this is in fact a TBS driver design 'issue' that is stopping my 292e from working and what a suitable solution is? can i simply copy content back to /lib/modules/.../ location? maybe recompile non-TBS linux-media to regain 292e support (is this even the area at fault)?

thanks for any info
veehexx

Return to Linux