Moderator Control Panel ]

Unable to upgrade firmware

Unable to upgrade firmware

Postby KermitT » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:54 am

My newly purchased TBS-2604 device has firmware version 1.0.11 installed by factory default.
After uploading a newer firmware to the Web UI and starting the upgrade, the upgrade progress bar advances to 100% but nothing happens afterwards (no success or failure message). When I click the "Upgrade" button again, it says that the system upgrade has failed. This happens with all device firmware versions downloadable from the website (1.0.12, 1.0.17 and 1.0.19). I tested the upgrade procedure using different Firefox browser releases on different platforms (Linux and MacOS), so I don't think this is a browser issue on my end.

I unarchived the update.tar.bz2 file and noticed that the update.sh script includes a version check that only performs the upgrade when the new version is greater than 1.0.30.
Might that be an issue when a lower firmware version like 1.0.11 is found on the device?
Device: TBS-2604, Firmware version: 1.0.11 (factory default)
KermitT

Re: Unable to upgrade firmware

Postby daowei » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:53 pm

Hi KermitT,
It's better to try a Windows system, not Linux or Macbook. We got several feedback, MACBOOK ISO have some issue to upgrade "upload firmware and upgrade".
If it's difficult to upgrade, mayeb you can open the webUI for us, we'll upgrade for you.

Thanks
daowei

Return to TBS2604 / TBS2640 4K UHD HD H.265 & H.264 HDMI Video Encoder