Moderator Control Panel ]

Minimally required level of signal for HD channels.

Minimally required level of signal for HD channels.

Postby vasvi » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:20 am

I would like to know what is minimally required level of signal for HD channels?
I have problems with 36e satellite, 12073L DVB-S2/8PSK 27500 3/4 transponder. The problem is that once per 1-5 minutes sound is lagging for about 2 seconds and usually that lagging accompanied by the picture's squares.
Signal level is 65%, quality is 92-94%.
I tried to retune satellite dish but it did not resolve the problem.
Sound and picture lagging is the same in DVBlink+Win7 MCE, DVBdream, progDVB.
All other SD channels work perfect!
vasvi

Re: Minimally required level of signal for HD channels.

Postby luchy » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:07 am

hi vasvi,
maybe it is the problem of decoder.please try other decoder for HD program.
with dvbdream, CoreAVC decoder can play HD well.
luchy

Postby vasvi » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:14 pm

luchy Wrote:hi vasvi,
maybe it is the problem of decoder.please try other decoder for HD program.
with dvbdream, CoreAVC decoder can play HD well.

Maybe, I will try CoreAVC.
But now I use EVR and hardware decoding (DXVA2) of h.264 on Nvidia graphic card with latest driver. All 1080 HD content (mkv, blue ray rip files) works perfect on my HTPC using the same Win7 MCE.
I do not think that it is problem of decoder, but I will try another decoder.
Also I have idea how to check decoder stability: I will record HD channel with Win7 MCE and try to watch it on another PC where there is no any problems with watching HD channels.

Luchy, you answered nothing about required signal level for the stable work of tuner….
vasvi

Postby luchy » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:37 am

hi vasvi,
1080 HD content (mkv, blue ray rip files) works perfect on my HTPC using the same Win7 MCE.
I do not think that it is problem of decoder

yes,you are right,even other HD programs can play well,so decoder is no problem.

about signal level for the stable work of tuner,above 40% will work well both SD and HD,it is not special request for HD.
so your 36e satellite, 12073L DVB-S2/8PSK 27500 3/4 transponder Signal level is 65%, quality is 92-94% has no signal problem.
i checked here: http://www.lyngsat.com/ew4.html
12073 L is Viaccess encryption system,now that signal and decoder both are good,so we have to doubt encryption system of dvblink.
please pay attention to it.
luchy

Postby vasvi » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:32 pm

12073 L is Viaccess encryption system,now that signal and decoder both are good,so we have to doubt encryption system of dvblink.
please pay attention to it.

I also do not think that problem in DVBlink becouse sound and picture lagging is the same in DVBlink+Win7 MCE, DVBdream, progDVB.
vasvi

Postby luchy » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:43 pm

hi vasvi,
maybe we can try TransEdit to analyse this transponder,if there is no packet missed,at least we can make sure it is not driver issue.if there is a lot of packet missed,we can't count on application play it out.
Attachments
tbs6921_transEdit.JPG
luchy

Postby vasvi » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:36 pm

Hi Luchy,
Thank you for help, I will try to use TransEdit to check if there is no missed packets.

One more interesting fact about this transponder (12073L DVB-S2/8PSK 27500 3/4): TBS Blind Scan Tool does not find it!
Actually, from 24 active transponders in my region from 36e satellite TBS_BS_tool finds only 19!
Probably this is due to the same problem....

If it has reason I will give you information (including signal level) about all transponders that TBS_BS_tool does not detect.
Last edited by vasvi on Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
vasvi

Postby vasvi » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:19 am

Hi, Luchy!

Firstly I retuned my satellite dish, and now I have 98% signal quality from 12073 transponder. But the problem did not changed at all.

I checked missing packets (continuity errors) on this transponder. And I found that there are errors…, not much, but they APPEAR REGULARLY with exactly the same time interval that I have sound lagging (1-10 min). The errors appear in BATCHES of ~16pcs:
errors1.jpg

(5 minutes, 18 errors)

errors2.jpg

(30 minutes, 73 errors)

And once I met more serious problem – quickly continually increasing errors from another transponder:
errors7.jpg

Rebooting the application solved the problem.

Quote from TSReader help: “Missing data packets are caused by bad reception (not true in our case), driver problems (the most likely cause) or overall transponder data rates exceeding the maximum data rate of a DVB device (not true in our case).”

Luchy and Cody, what do you think about this?
vasvi

Postby luchy » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:17 pm

hi vasvi,
do you use LNB low 9750 ,high 10600, switch 11700?
since it can be locked,i think the driver is no problem.
from my point,this transponder is not special. how about other transponders around 12073?
please help to lock and analyse it with transEdit.it would be more clear than TSReader.
luchy

Postby vasvi » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:35 pm

do you use LNB low 9750 ,high 10600, switch 11700?
since it can be locked,i think the driver is no problem.
from my point,this transponder is not special. how about other transponders around 12073?
please help to lock and analyse it with transEdit.it would be more clear than TSReader.

I use circular LNB 10750 as all transponders on 36e sat NTV+ provider has circular polarization.
There are two dvb-s2 transponders: 12073L and 11823R. Both of them give absolutely the same periodic sound lagging.
I thought that this problem exists on all other transponders (I can check it), but the sound is not AC3, so missing packets do not destruct audio stream a lot.
My TV Philips 46PFL5606 has delay for AC3 synchronization about 1-2 sec, so if AC3 stream is destroyed, sound blackout will appear for 1-2sec.
vasvi

Next

Return to Windows