Moderator Control Panel ]

Code 10 and PCIe Power Managemenrt

Code 10 and PCIe Power Managemenrt

Postby A1880 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:06 am

In my new Dell XPS 8300 the TBS 6921 has had frequent "Code 10" problems.
It was not initialized properly and was shown with a yellow triangle in the Windows Device Manager.
In many but not all cases, a reboot of Windows brought the card back to operation, but it was a real pain.

Inspired by an Amazon customer review I've switched off the Power Management for PCI-Express
and have not had any problems since then.

Steps to switch the Power Management:

In German for Win7 Home Premium: Start, Systemsteuerung, Energieoptionen, Energiesparplaneinstellungen ändern, Erweiterte Energieeinstellungen ändern, PCI Express, Verbindungszustand-Energieverwaltung, Einstellung: AUS

Tentative English: Start, Control, Power Options, Change Power Saving Plan Options, Extended Power Options, PCI Express, Connect State Power Management, Option: OFF

Imroved version (cf. below): Start - Control Panel - Power Options - Power saver - Change plan settings - change advanced power settings - PCI Express - Link State power managerment - Off -OK

Update: 30-Jun-2012
The power settings have not completely eliminated the problem.
My suspicion (!) is that there might be an additional conflict with my Microsoft LifeCam VX-5000, an USB-connected camera.
I deactivated the VX-5000. After that, I've been using my TBS 6921 flawlessly.
Any comments on how to use TBS 6921 and LifeCam VX-5000 together?
How can a LifeCam driver block access to the TBS 6921?
Last edited by A1880 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
---------------------------------------------
My PC:

Intel Core i7-2600 @3.40GHz, 8 Cores, 8 GByte RAM, 64 Bit Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Dell XPS 8300
A1880

Re: Code 10 and PCIe Power Managemenrt

Postby warumnix » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:22 pm

A1880 Wrote:
Steps to switch the Power Management:

In German for Win7 Home Premium: Start, Systemsteuerung, Energieoptionen, Energiesparplaneinstellungen ändern, Erweiterte Energieeinstellungen ändern, PCI Express, Verbindungszustand-Energieverwaltung, Einstellung: AUS

thank you for sharing your solution, here are your steps in English:

Start - Control Panel - Power Options - Power saver - Change plan settings - change advanced power settings - PCI Express - Link State power managerment - Off -OK

:D
warumnix

Return to Windows