Moderator Control Panel ]

Auto Retune after move the dish

Re: Buggy drivers

Postby Cjcr » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:22 pm

Hi,

That happens on TBS 5925 too. Do it a retuning after every DISEqC command don't seems a good idea (for me) ..

Any other solution?

Best regards,
cjcr.
Cjcr

Postby Likvid » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:42 am

Cjcr Wrote:Hi,

That happens on TBS 5925 too. Do it a retuning after every DISEqC command don't seems a good idea (for me) ..

Any other solution?

Best regards,
cjcr.

Hi,

I've been in discussion with TBS for weeks every day and they doesn't have or want to come up with a solution, TBS also have major problems with their drivers which they will of course denying, they blame all software/hardware problems on the consumer.

Obviously there are problems with their cards and drivers they can't fix.

Either way i have given up about TBS and their products.

In this case i take my money elsewhere, bye TBS.
Likvid

Postby starman345 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:29 pm

starman345 Wrote:Steven,
Software like Dvbdream, Dvbviewer and Progdvb have a retune on missing signal setting but control of the program is lost by the user during re-tuning, almost like freezing although it is released eventually. If there happens to be no signal on the chosen channel, the program will repeatedly try to re-tune so the user has to time his intervention to regain control. I find it very annoying. The 8922 does not have this problem, there is no need to set retune parameters in dvb software, it tunes the frequency very quickly after moving to a new satellite.

TBS, thanks for the new driver 1.0.1.16, it has resolved this issue :D
10' dish- Bullseye II c/ku
55.5W to 139W
Windows 8.1 64 bit
TBS 8922 Prof 7301 TBS 6925
starman345

Postby starman345 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:09 am

I'll have to retract at least part of the good news. With the new driver Dvbviewer will lock frequencies after a satellite move but it seems to only work if the satellite moved to is close the the previous one. If I select a channel from a satellite at the opposite end of the the arc from my position then no lock occurs :(
55.5W to 139W
Windows 8.1 64 bit
starman345

Postby crazycat » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:45 pm

retune better do in soft.
because auto-retune in driver can coflict with direct hardware control soft, like my StreamReaderEx.
crazycat

Postby steven » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:37 am

starman345 Wrote:I'll have to retract at least part of the good news. With the new driver Dvbviewer will lock frequencies after a satellite move but it seems to only work if the satellite moved to is close the the previous one. If I select a channel from a satellite at the opposite end of the the arc from my position then no lock occurs :(

Hi starman345

Do you have enable the goto x method?This is done by software.If you want to lock another satellite's transponder it will send the motor diseqc first
then lock the transponder if you can not get lock ,maybe DVBViewer have not send the lock signal to our driver.

Thanks
steven

Postby starman345 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:12 am

Do you have enable the goto x method?This is done by software.If you want to lock another satellite's transponder it will send the motor diseqc first
then lock the transponder if you can not get lock ,maybe DVBViewer have not send the lock signal to our driver.

I am using DiSEqC1.2 positioner, I haven't tried with my USALS setup. Maybe I need to explain better. In Dvbviewer, when selecting a channel on another satellite, the dish will move to the desired location but the channel isn't tuned with the TBS 6925 I need to click on the channel again after arriving at the new satellite position to view it.. I can set the retune on missing stream setting in Dvbviewer and it will tune properly but I don't like to use it because of the issues I outlined above(loss of program control)
This isn't the case with the Prof 7301 or TBS 8922, they tune channels immediately after moving the dish without any retune settings from the dvbviewer software.
55.5W to 139W
Windows 8.1 64 bit
starman345

Postby crazycat » Mon May 14, 2012 4:48 am

starman345 Wrote:I can set the retune on missing stream setting in Dvbviewer and it will tune properly but I don't like to use it because of the issues I outlined above(loss of program control)

Need improve dead-lock protection in driver. Look like DVBDream try request signal statistic while driver perform carrier search (tuning). Need lock demod access in driver on tuning function and signal statistic (and another driver fdunctions, which require tuner/demod access).
crazycat

Previous

Return to Windows