Moderator Control Panel ]

Infuriating! Please help!

Infuriating! Please help!

Postby MajicM » Wed May 23, 2012 3:50 am

Bought one of these cards and sent it back thinking it was faulty. Kept disappearing from Windows (7 64 bit).

It wouldn't drive my Alsat Diseqc motor, I think it has driven it a total of 3 times in a week!

The replacement came today and it's even worse! Everytime I try to do something like attempt to drive the motor it either does nothing at all or I get a Blue Screen of Death with TBS6925_64.sys

This is a brand new motherboard/cpu/ram with a fresh install of Windows.

Please help, what the hell is going on?!

Many thanks!
MajicM

Re: Infuriating! Please help!

Postby SergioDanielG » Wed May 23, 2012 5:05 am

Hi MajicM.
Can you tell as wich motherboard are you using?
And, the card is working well without the motor? Wich software are you using to move your motor?

Best regards.
SergioDanielG

Postby MajicM » Wed May 23, 2012 5:40 am

Hi, it's an Asus M5A78LMLX

Last week I managed to move between Hotbird and Astra 2 probably 2 or 3 times, that's it! Using DVB Dream.

I have tried all sorts of software to move the motor but no joy. The installer managed to move it OK with his metre but at the moment I don't have any other receiver.

I'm getting an Openbox S11 leant to me tomorrow, to be sure there are no issues but I saw the installer move the motor with his meter and as I said, I have managed to move a couple of times with DVB Dream.....

Currently using older drivers as the new ones have been BSODing like crazy, but I've just took out a PCI serial card (as I don't need it) and things appear to be working for now, as in I can scan/decode on Hotbird but I can't move the motor :(
MajicM

Postby SergioDanielG » Wed May 23, 2012 6:15 am

Can you test voltage output when motor is moving, try to move to an horizontal polarity transponder (18V) and then to a vertical polarity transponder (13V).

Other think. Are you using an unlocked micropocessor and/or is this function enabled in your bios? If yes, can you disable this function and try again?.

Best regards
SergioDanielG

Postby MajicM » Thu May 24, 2012 6:04 am

Hi Sergio

I can't test the voltage output as I have no equipment to do so.

I can look in the BIOS... What do you mean by unlocked? You mean for overclocking or...?

I have got an OpenBox S11 today, it has moved the motor a couple of times but is currently stuck at 42 East, so it's not just the card I guess, there is something else as well.

I have a Smart Titanium LNB and the installer said he'd seen issues with these in the past with motors not being driven. Has anyone else had similar?

This is is frustrating, but at least I have the OpenBox for as long as I need to get this sorted!

Hope you can help further Sergio! ;)
MajicM

Postby SergioDanielG » Thu May 24, 2012 9:54 am

Hi MijicM.
"unlocked micropocessor" is a function to unlock cores in microprocessors. For example an "AMD Athlon X3 455" is really a "AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 B55 Processor" but AMD lock a core and sale it more cheap.

About your problem, if your installer said it, (it's strange for me) start resolving these problem.

Best regards.
SergioDanielG

Postby MajicM » Thu May 24, 2012 1:47 pm

Hi Sergio

Ah, OK... The processor does not have any cores locked. It's an AMD Quadcore.

Going to ring the installer today and chat to him about what else is happening!
MajicM

Postby steven » Thu May 24, 2012 2:31 pm

Hi MajicM

For your problem.
>I have got an OpenBox S11 today, it has moved the motor a couple of times but is currently stuck at 42 East, so it's not just the card I guess, there is something else as well.

Do you have set the motor position limit,So you can not move .

And please use our IPTool to check the motor in motor/Position dialog you can control your motor,just press driver east or west.

Here is our IPTool's linker:
http://www.tbsdtv.com/download/document ... .0.3.5.zip

Thanks
steven

Postby MajicM » Wed May 30, 2012 3:01 am

Hi Steven

No, the limits ate not set up.

Unable to drive East or West using IPTool.
MajicM

Postby MajicM » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:06 am

OK, an update on this.

I have had the motor replaced today and it works OK on the OpenBox but still can't drive it with the TBS card.
MajicM

Next

Return to Windows