Moderator Control Panel ]

Infuriating! Please help!

Re: Infuriating! Please help!

Postby starman345 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:29 pm

If the Openbox and 6925 are run through a switch(either DiSEqC or 22khz) take out the switch and connect the 6925 straight to the lnb, there are switches that don't work very well at all. Maybe you are running the 6925 from the loop out on the Openbox? That may not work well either, run the 6925 straight to the lnb.
10' dish- Bullseye II c/ku
55.5W to 139W
Windows 8.1 64 bit
TBS 8922 Prof 7301 TBS 6925
starman345

Postby MajicM » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:52 pm

starman345 Wrote:If the Openbox and 6925 are run through a switch(either DiSEqC or 22khz) take out the switch and connect the 6925 straight to the lnb, there are switches that don't work very well at all. Maybe you are running the 6925 from the loop out on the Openbox? That may not work well either, run the 6925 straight to the lnb.

Nope, the 6925 is currently connected directly to the motor.

I don't have a switch, just 1 cable that goes straight to motor.
MajicM

Postby DVB » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:07 pm

Likvid Wrote:You are not so smart are you? when did i ask for Windows drivers for Netup card? i have used *NIX systems for 15 years and i prefer Linux over Windows. You are funny saying no drivers for Windows is a limitation, why shoud i use Windows when i can do the same thing better in Linux? :roll:

So why did You moan about Windows driver bugs in TBS? TBS can work flawlessly also under *NIX and I see none of Your post regarding *NIX about TBS6925. Why You didn't test TBS6925 under Linux?

Likvid Wrote:NetUp have some real nice analyzing tools for Linux that only is for their consumers who bought the card.

And You had to ask about blindscan tool for Linux (which is not made by NetUp). I got for TBS6925 under Windows: their original BlindScan Tool and a lot of additional 3rd party software, CrazyScan (RFScan, constellation monitoring, ACM/VCM with MIS, GS capture), BLScan, few Stream Analysers, full of different DVB players.

Likvid Wrote:And please don't spread lies to people, you don't have the knowledge of both MajiCM and my problems we had with 6925 card, i have traced all drivers issues with TBS drivers are BSODs and freezes are a result of bad coded drivers.

Oh yeah, You traced what? You had written here 7 posts:
- first: DVB Dream hang (which is known problem with DVB Dream, not with drivers, I asked You to reproduce this as I know that card can be hanged in this way only by DVB Dream, after that won't work any other dvb player to machine power up, but this can be done only by DVB Dream, no other dvb app will hang TBS6925 like this, so no driver issue)
- second: some details
- third: moan about no answer
- 4th: after my post to reproduce details You posted wideo on YouTube with 22 kHz issue (fixed)
- 5th: moan about no solution for bad drivers, but wait... what are the issues?! You posted one driver issue that was fixed and one DVB Dream issue which has nothing to do with drivers!
- 6th: moan here, which I decided to stop in brutal way :]
- 7th: above
- all Your posts are about Windows drivers and now You are telling us that You are *NIX user. You didn't publish even one single post about TBS6925 under *NIX. None here, none at Rick's website.

You compared both cards like this:
TBS6925
- Windows: small bugs - tragedy! Blame drivers for software bug, one driver bug detected/fixed - still tragedy. Why? Because - that's why! :lol:
- Linux: even not tested?
NetUp
- Windows: barely no support - no problem, great :D
- Linux: need to look even for command line blindscan software - no problem, great :D

I had used many DVB cards in my history, from old SkyStar 2 and TBS6925 got the most stable drivers ever, no single BSOD made by TBS6925 itself at Win7 x64.
Last edited by DVB on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
And now you're watching 8K:
KKKKKKKK
:)
DVB

Postby DVB » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:08 pm

Back to the topic...

Likvid Wrote:Since when did I use separate Diseqc motors? i use Vbox with separate motor, there is no power issue problem and i don't have time to tell everything so you can understand properly, also Diseqc 1.2 is one-way communication and not two-way as you think it is, problem lies in the drivers...

I didn't say anywhere anything about one or two way communication as it has nothing to do in this case. In MajicM case this is IMHO straight current consumption issue. In Your case - You just failed to do easy task of do correct configuration of TBS6925 under Windows and You didn't try to check card under Linux. You didn't say a word about DiSEqC 1.2 completely not work for You, because it worked, so how You can even compare Your problems with MajicM as that are two totally different cases? And how MajicM motor problem can be driver issue if there is a lot of users which succedeed with DiSEqC 1.2? Driver magically detec user by hidden cam and locked DiSEqC 1.2 support? :lol:

MajicM

I found Your discussion at satellites.co.uk, I had read again all Your history here and there, IMHO current consumption is reason why TBS6925 failing to move dish for You. Openbox S11 got ~100 mA more to offer to motor. If I would be in Your place with this problem I would try to disconnect LNB for test and if motor would start without LNB - try to find single LNB with less current consumption to get in summary result as close to 400mA as possible.

The lowest current consumption got Sharp BS1R9EL100A & BS1R8EL180A (both 50mA), Inverto Black Ultra IDLB-SINL40 got 60 mA. But before any replacing anything it is needed test without LNB (just motor) would be helpful as this will bring answer would TBS6925 work with lower current.

Other way is to ask retailer, where You bought TBS6925 to possibility to give it back, but be aware that none other DVB card got such advanced features and also if You decide to buy other product: You must be sure to buy DVB card which will be able to reach 500 mA max current or You will fall into the same situation as now.

Also if steven is here - do You have any other ideas steven? Can You confirm 400mA max. current at LNB input in TBS6925? At TBS website there is no information about this, I found only older information at forum.
KKKKKKKK
DVB

Postby Likvid » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:41 am

DVB Wrote:Driver magically detec user by hidden cam and locked DiSEqC 1.2 support? :lol:

Really? interesting how good the CAM works with OSCAM, where did you get the information the diseqc 1.2 is locked? please state source for accurate information

I asked about blindscan tool yes, Netup contacted me later that week and told me they had a BS tool under development i could beta test.

Anyway i will not reply to your understatements anymore as you don't have any knowledge about Netup.
Last edited by Likvid on Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Likvid

Postby DVB » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:29 am

Likvid Wrote:Really? interesting how good the CAM works with OSCAM, where did you get the information the diseqc 1.2 is locked? you give alot of false information.

Learn English... cam = camera, I meant that hidden camera took Your picture and lock DiSEqC 1.2 and that was BIG SARCASM :twisted:

Likvid Wrote: how may TBS6925 cards have you sold lately?

None as I'm not reseller but user, very happy user :D

Likvid Wrote:Netup contacted me later that week and told me they had a BS tool under development i could beta test.

Do You know that NetUp card is on market from ~2010 year? In two years they didn't develop yet own blindscan tool (TBS did, much faster and it works out of the box). Anyway I hope that You see that tool someday... :twisted: maybe... :twisted:

Likvid Wrote:spread lies.

That is punish for spreading lies about TBS card, which You even did not test precisely. You started this stupid discussion - with post that does not bring help to topic. If You want to promote NetUp - You must buy banners, that is expensive. And obviously not possible on this site :ugeek: You got NetUp card - fine, go to NetUp board and post there (oh, wait - they got board, but provide no support for their dvb card there, just for iptv solutions :twisted: ). All technical informations regarding NetUp are confirmed & true, that are just facts (no GS, high bitrate limit, Windows driver state at github etc.)

EOT.
KKKKKKKK
DVB

Postby steven » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:53 am

Hi DVB

Also if steven is here - do You have any other ideas steven? Can You confirm 400mA max. current at LNB input in TBS6925? At TBS website there is no information about this, I found only older information at forum.

Yea,we can confirm that TBS6925 support 500mA max ,So this should be ok,

and MajicM

Can you change the PCI-E slot to have a test agian.and remove the other PCI-E device if you have used.

Kind Regards
steven

Postby Likvid » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:56 pm

Last edited by Likvid on Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Likvid

Postby sotos65 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:49 am

Why do you insist on invoking your perception of things as facts? Many people use those cards with nil problems. I am certain you know that not every pc is the same, there are unlimited configurations and there is no way all of those can be tested by a card/peripheral manufacturer. I guess you may remember some years ago the burnings of certain Asus motherboards when someone tried to install a Skystar 2 card on them. There was nothing wrong with the Skystar 2's, those motherboards just couldn't provide the necessary current from their pci slots...
sotos65

Postby Likvid » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:24 am

sotos65 Wrote:Why do you insist on invoking your perception of things as facts? Many people use those cards with nil problems. I am certain you know that not every pc is the same, there are unlimited configurations and there is no way all of those can be tested by a card/peripheral manufacturer. I guess you may remember some years ago the burnings of certain Asus motherboards when someone tried to install a Skystar 2 card on them. There was nothing wrong with the Skystar 2's, those motherboards just couldn't provide the necessary current from their pci slots...

Because it's a fact, many of these DVB cards are not designed correctly and not tested enough, why do you think most GPU cards have external power connectors?
Likvid

PreviousNext

Return to Windows