Moderator Control Panel ]

TBS TSREADER output stream GS

TBS TSREADER output stream GS

Postby lash » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:10 pm

Hi,

I am relatively new on this topic and have some questions regarding TSRecorder output stream.
I am using Crazy Scan to find some frequency. In crazy scan I can see different types of frequencies:

A) Those which have "Transport" stream type, Single input stream, CCM coding type and
B) Those which have "Transport" stream type, Single input stream, ACM/VCM coding type and
C) Those which have "Continuous" stream type, Multi input stream, ACM/VCM coding type

I capture data from these frequencies using TSRecoder but when I try to read the captured data with TSReader I figure out the output for Type C of frequencies can not be read by TSReader. So I open the captured data by HexEditor. For frequencies type A and B, I can see the packet header and payload as described in TS protocol (Starting with 0x47 and length of 188 bytes) but for frequencies type C I coudn't figure out what type of protocol being captured. I tried reading ULE and GSE packet structure but it seems it is not any of those. Even setting output stream in TSRecorder to GS ( you can choose between ts and gs) didn't make any changes.
Now I am wondering What protocol are frequencies type C? are they GSE or ULE? How can I extract data from them?
Why out put of TSRecorder for frequencies type C cannot be read by TSReader? Is there any way to extract data from these frequencies?
lash

Re: TBS TSREADER output stream GS

Postby updatelee » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:47 pm

a transport stream is a standard 188byte packet with a sync byte of 0x47. Continuous is just that, non stop data, origanized however they want. Its not what TSReader expects.

TSReader = Transport Stream Reader btw, if its not in Transport format, TSReader doesnt want it.

UDL
TBS6925/5980, Prof 7301/7500/8000, Genpix Skywalker-1, Skystar 2 Express HD
Hauppauge 950Q, Kworld 330U/435v3/445v3
Dreambox 800

I use Linux and support open source projects.
updatelee

Postby crazycat » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:26 am

lash Wrote:I capture data from these frequencies using TSRecoder but when I try to read the captured data with TSReader I figure out the output for Type C of frequencies can not be read by TSReader. So I open the captured data by HexEditor. For frequencies type A and B, I can see the packet header and payload as described in TS protocol (Starting with 0x47 and length of 188 bytes) but for frequencies type C I coudn't figure out what type of protocol being captured. I tried reading ULE and GSE packet structure but it seems it is not any of those. Even setting output stream in TSRecorder to GS ( you can choose between ts and gs) didn't make any changes.
Now I am wondering What protocol are frequencies type C? are they GSE or ULE? How can I extract data from them?
Why out put of TSRecorder for frequencies type C cannot be read by TSReader? Is there any way to extract data from these frequencies?

1. TSReader can process only DVB transport stream !!! Recognize MPE/IPv4, not support ULE.

2. ULE - is light-weigth data incapsulation for transport stream (replacement for MPE).

3. 'Generic continous' is only raw frame stream and force bypass packet delineator (frontend decapsulator block for extracting TS from BBFrames)

4. Usual PCI, PCI-E media-bridges support only packetized stream from TS bus. TBS6925 have some hardware trick (implemented in Lattice PLD) and convert frame-stream to some 'bulk' TS stream. But this not useful because STV090x use 'extended' TS bus for frame-based stream (additional lines for signaling block type and error conditions). So with 6925 possible identify start of frame with ckecksum BBHeader, but this not 100% reliable and often fake identify and desync.

5. I implement some SetBBFilter() function in my StreamReaderEx for TBS6925/6926. So you can try this in your application (see sample in StreamReaderDemo).

6. You can see some similar code for V4L:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.dri ... ture/42312
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.dri ... ture/43891

6. GSE - is some data incapsulation for generic continous stream, part of DVB-S2 standart for advanced data applications. But real satellite modems can use own proprietary incapsulation.

And my conclusion - for receiving and processing frame-based stream need some like Dektec DTA-2137C. TBS6925 is only another toys for feedhunters :)
crazycat

Postby lash » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:37 pm

First of all Than you everybody for your time.

updatelee Wrote:a transport stream is a standard 188byte packet with a sync byte of 0x47. Continuous is just that, non stop data, organized however they want. Its not what TSReader expects.

I feel I did not make my self clear... I know TSReader can ONLY read ts, but I am curious about what I received using TSRecorder in windows. Then I tried reading it with TSReader, and when I realized I couldn't, I tried a HEXEditor. But I couldn't map the bytes structure to any DVB protocol that I know of! They are not coming in 188byte size packets, so they cannot be TS, Am I right? And they dont follow GSE either...I’m curious what could they be... If my card can ONLY get TS, then what am I Receiving? even ACM TS starts with 0x47 and 188byte size packet, but what I am getting is different!
But from what you post I am concluding Continuous TS can be organized unorganized (organized however they want)!!!! i.e. the packet length can be different and the TS header 4 bytes header is different as well! can you please post a link to this?

crazycat Wrote:4. Usual PCI, PCI-E media-bridges support only packetized stream from TS bus. TBS6925 have some hardware trick (implemented in Lattice PLD) and convert frame-stream to some 'bulk' TS stream. But this not useful because STV090x use 'extended' TS bus for frame-based stream (additional lines for signaling block type and error conditions). So with 6925 possible identify start of frame with ckecksum BBHeader, but this not 100% reliable and often fake identify and desync.

5. I implement some SetBBFilter() function in my StreamReaderEx for TBS6925/6926. So you can try this in your application (see sample in StreamReaderDemo).

6. You can see some similar code for V4L:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.dri ... ture/42312
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.dri ... ture/43891

hmmm....interesting! So would it be possible for me to get the raw data with BBHeader from TBS6925 and only drop CRC-32 at the end? Then I can write an application read the BB header and extract data? I don’t care that much about the reliability since I'm doing this for school, and just getting GSE from TBS6925 would do me a big favor!

Has any one tried getting GSE with TBS6925? :roll:
lash

Postby GMethod » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:10 am

yes lash i also want to know if there is any progress about gse capturing. It doesn't matter windows or linux. Using CrazyScan in windows i can write to file all data, even if it is gse or mpeg. In linux i face some problems because of the length of BB frame (only 188 bytes).
If someone has success in this field it would be good to discus...
GMethod

Return to Windows