Moderator Control Panel ]

modulations higher than 8psk on linux

Re: modulations higher than 8psk on linux

Postby GMethod » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:45 am

hi there, i also try to do blindscan.I use python.My card is tbs6925.Sergio i read carefully your advice, and yes when change to BLIND_SEARCH in stv090x.c i can lock card only with frequency, but here is the problem i get lock but when i try to get other parameters(SR,FEC,MOD,DEL_SYS) i can't do it.when i try FE_GET_FRONTEND or FE_GET_PROPERTY the fields are QPSK,FEC_AUTO,FEC_AUTO,DVB-S. This i get even the real parameters are different. Have you any idea why my card return same parameters every time for every freq in range 950-2150. Thanks in advance, and if you want i can post the source how i do card set.
GMethod

Postby SergioDanielG » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:09 pm

GMethod Wrote:hi there, i also try to do blindscan.I use python.My card is tbs6925.Sergio i read carefully your advice, and yes when change to BLIND_SEARCH in stv090x.c i can lock card only with frequency, but here is the problem i get lock but when i try to get other parameters(SR,FEC,MOD,DEL_SYS) i can't do it.when i try FE_GET_FRONTEND or FE_GET_PROPERTY the fields are QPSK,FEC_AUTO,FEC_AUTO,DVB-S. This i get even the real parameters are different. Have you any idea why my card return same parameters every time for every freq in range 950-2150. Thanks in advance, and if you want i can post the source how i do card set.

Unfortunately, current version of Linux driver for TBS 6925 doesn't implement fully 'get_frontend' extension (it's implemented fully on 6980/6981, 5921/6921/8921, 5922/6922/8922, 6928 though). You can't obtain real parameters.

Best regards.
SergioDanielG

Postby GMethod » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:58 pm

send me more information qabout what exactly want to show you.after that i can send part of my source code in python.
GMethod

Postby SergioDanielG » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:24 am

I want to scan a frecuency range in search of new signals, specialy new feeds with a little GUI. Actually I'm trying it using linuxdvb ( http://pypi.python.org/pypi/linuxdvb )
Thanks.
SergioDanielG

Postby GMethod » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:23 am

hi there, sergio sorry for that, i just forgot to send info about python code but i don't have access to my code now. i have success with setting card. everything is ok, except supporting FE_GET_FRONTEND, i can't get info about SR, MOD, etc. Is there any chance to build new version of the driver or that would be with driver support for tbs6925?Please give some info about new driver that fully support fe_get_frontend.thanks in advance. p.s.I'll post my python code for card settings soon!
GMethod

Postby SergioDanielG » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:49 am

Hi GMethods. Thanks.
There are no news about fully support fe_get_frontend, but when you can, shown me your code. I will be very grateful.

Best regards.
SergioDanielG

Previous

Return to Linux