Moderator Control Panel ]

FastSatFinder and DiseQ not working

FastSatFinder and DiseQ not working

Postby enb141 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 am

I'm trying to make my TBS8921 to work with FastSatFinder but only works if I don't choose a Diseqc switch, in other words it only works on satellite 1 but not on satellites 2- 4
enb141

Re: FastSatFinder and DiseQ not working

Postby steven » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:19 am

Hi

If FastSatFinder is not use BDA tuning method or our SDK interface,maybe it can not send diseqc.

Thanks
steven

Postby enb141 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:14 am

The two programs that I have problems with DiSEqC are FastSatFinder and EPG Collector

By the way DVBDream, TSReader and DVBLink they have properly working DiSEqC.
enb141

Postby steven » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:05 am

Hi

By the way DVBDream, TSReader and DVBLink they have properly working DiSEqC.

This is because DVBDream, TSReader and DVBLink have our diseqc interface,maybe fastsatfinder do not use BDA interface to send
diseqc,We need to contact the FastSatFinder to support this.

Thanks
steven

Postby nzsjb » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:33 am

Hi,

I am the author of EPG Collector mentioned by enb141. EPG Collector does use your custom interface from the SDK for diseqc with TBS cards.

I test using 2 switches, the first an 8 port switch from EMP Centauri and the second a local 4 port switch. In this instance I set the EMP Centauri up using it's dip switches so that it is using DISEQC 1.0, the same as the 4 port switch.

I can't get the 4 port switch to work at all. None of the ports will tune. On the EMP Centauri ports 2, 3 and 4 work fine. However port 1 works regardless of the diseqc port command it is sent leading me to think that the TBS card (an 8920) is possibly initializing the diseqc switch to port 1 when my app starts up.

The 4 byte diseqc commands that are sent are exactly the same as sent to other tuners that I test with (eg Hauppauge) and they work for those so I'm very confident that they are correct. It is the other settings in the data block that is passed in the custom interface that are causing the problems.

Incidentally the example in the SDK for sending diseqc commands only sets the command, it's length and one other parameter (the command mode) in the data block passed to the custom interface. That doesn't work at all for me. I have to set at least the 22khz flag and the tone burst/data burst flag as well for any command to work.

I have tried tuning with DVBStreamExplorer as well and that doesn't work. Of course that may not be using your custom interface.

I would be grateful for any help to get this working. enb141 and I have been testing this for some time now without any resolution.

Cheers

Steve
nzsjb

Return to Windows