Moderator Control Panel ]

Blindscan 3.0.0.6

Blindscan 3.0.0.6

Postby Geezerjem » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:12 am

It's almost a year since I bought my TBS 8921. I chose it above others BECAUSE of the advertised Blindscan facility, a facility which it's still being advertised with. I have just tried 3.0.0.6 again. It STILL DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY. As I said in my last post, at the moment there is a single signal that I can get on 37.5W.

When Pol. is set to All and 22K OFF, using the blindscan tool it reports a signal on 37.5W at

11683,V,8700,34

with 22K ON i get

12533,V,8700,34

It's the same signal and the blindscan software reports the wrong frequency when set to 22K

Surely, surely, surely it can't be in this crappy state STILL ??? I'm not even after the enhanced performance of other users of this software. I just want the software that scans the full range of frequencies and has the ability to save them to a standard format .INI file.

Why are you continuing to deliberately mislead possible purchasers by stating a MAIN FEATURE of Transponders blind scan
when it doesn't exist ?

When are you going to fix the software ????? If you can't, release the code to someone that can !

How about adding a forum topic just for the blindscan tool so that the various problems people have with it can be brought together in one area ?

Jem.
Jem.
45W to 42E
Win7 32 Bit
UK :-)
Geezerjem

Re: Blindscan 3.0.0.6

Postby Derrick » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:22 pm

The card is simply crap at least if you rely on the advertised specs! I've written many times about the poor performance and misleading advertisements but except that some of my post were removed from the board nothing has happened.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=211
Derrick

Postby Geezerjem » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:07 am

But it's still very unclear if it is a case that the hardware is blindscan friendly but the software isn't up to scratch or if the hardware just hasn't the facilities to do it.

I really get the feeling that the chosen TBS hardware is good, maybe better than competitors. It behaves well during 'normal' use.

It's soooooooooo frustrating. I've taken to installing XP on a seperate machine with a v2.3 Skystar in, swapping the LNB to that one, doing a blindscan, saving any new stuff and swapping back.

Derrick, at a risk of getting this post wiped, do you know of a PC card that is dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century that CAN do a blindscan ?

I am MORE THAN HAPPY with the normal receiving of the card, but TBS got my hard earned cash BECAUSE of the widely advertised MAIN FEATURE of blindscan, nothing else.

Jem.
Jem.
45W to 42E
Win7 32 Bit
Geezerjem

Postby Geezerjem » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:21 am

I guess I could replace my VNC'd XP + Skystar2.3 with my Technomate Super 5200 via a TV card. At least then I would get the supremely fast blindscan of the 5200 attached to my PC.... Hmmmmphhhh.

Checking cables required now.....

Jem.
Jem.
45W to 42E
Win7 32 Bit
Geezerjem

Return to Windows