Moderator Control Panel ]

My TBS 8921 has arrived

My TBS 8921 has arrived

Postby starman345 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:24 am

I received my TBS 8921 a few days ago and finally have had some time to install it and play a bit. First impression is...it is rough and needs some refinement but I am excited that Cody is willing to work with the community to smooth out the wrinkles.
First off I wanted to see if the card works with my main application Dvbviewer4.6.0.1 and it seems to work fine so far, I haven't noticed anything major, channel switching is a bit slower than my Prof 7301 but is acceptable. Works well with Transedit 3.6.3.0, operating my DiSEqC 4x1 switch and sending DiSEqc1.2 commands to my Gbox3000 positioner.
I haven't had much luck getting Dvbdream V1.5e working... with the bda.dev included on the cd, I can get a channel to play but only after a delay of 10-15 seconds after selecting it...DiSEqC switching works but as soon as I try to move the dish to another satellite, the application freezes solid requiring a hard re-set of the machine..this is very predictable, happens every time. I should mention I"m using raw DiSEqC commands to an actuator, don't know if this happens with USALS motors also.
Rel says he has a patch to fix a motor problem that freezes the machine with the TBS 6921 card, hopefully it will also fix the 8921...I"ve posted the problem on his forum.
With Altdvb and the newer v0.2.0.8 bda interface, I am able finally to get cband as well as ku band working, DiSEqC works fine, I did notice the application would close un-expectedly from time to time. A few times the cpu usage was around 40% which is high, it seldom ever exceeds 20% even with h.264 hd. Changing codecs, renderers didn't seem to make any difference....more testing is necessary.
I loaded up the TbsViewer program that comes on the cd but it looks like a stripped down version of DvbViewer and since the card works well with DvbViewer I'll just stick to that.
The card is recognized with the bda source from the TBS site and will tune channels with TSReader but it takes a long time to tune and misses a lot of muxes, I am curious if TsReader is just timing out? I can tune muxes with Dvbviewer and the 8921 but Tsreader can't get a lock with the same card and same mux. This happens quite a bit, I'd say maybe 50% of the time TSReader can't lock on to signals that Dvbviewer can lock and play.
I played a bit with the blind scan tool but will post some comments about that in the 6921 release date thread.
All in all, I like the card, most importantly it works with Dvbviewer so I can continue to use it as my main application and play on the side with the blind scan tool.
EDIT:
Forgot to mention, I also tried the card with ProgDVB6.51.01, it recognized the 8921 and I was able to set it up with the motor and 4x1 DiSEqC switch in the configuration section but the program crashes when I try to scan any satellite...I could never get past the scanning, crashed every time.
Last edited by starman345 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
10' dish- Bullseye II c/ku
55.5W to 139W
Windows 8.1 64 bit
TBS 8922 Prof 7301 TBS 6925
starman345

Re: My TBS 8921 has arrived

Postby cody » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:28 am

about TSReader i have the same question as the one here:

https://shop.tbsdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=102&start=30#p1184

does DVBDream run stable with your other DVB card?
cody

Postby starman345 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:05 am

cody Wrote:about TSReader i have the same question as the one here:

https://shop.tbsdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=102&start=30#p1184

does DVBDream run stable with your other DVB card?

I used the one from here:
http://www.tbsdtv.com/english/Download.html
The one at the very bottom of the page.
Dvbdream runs fine with my Prof 7301
55.5W to 139W
Windows 8.1 64 bit
starman345

Postby cody » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:18 am

thanks and it's noted, it seems we need to try to reproduce the interoperability problem with DVBDream and investigate what could cause it.
cody

Postby steven » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:52 pm

Hi
with the bda.dev included on the cd,You should reinstall dvbdream v1.5e with setup file,because bda.dev can not use in the old version,if you have reinstall the v1.5e the problem have not sloved you can try the older version if it also have you can contact with me steven@turbosight.com.

And about the TSReader if maybe take more times to lock the transponder,It is a problem in TSReader.dll,It will be sloved later!
steven

Postby starman345 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:34 pm

Thanks Steven, I'll try re-installing and see if that helps.
55.5W to 139W
Windows 8.1 64 bit
starman345

Postby Derrick » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:03 pm

steven Wrote:And about the TSReader if maybe take more times to lock the transponder,It is a problem in TSReader.dll,It will be sloved later!

It's not only about speed, TSReader in combination with TBS 8921 is sending wrong DiSEqC commands, at least for multiswitch arrangements.

e.g.:
If DiSEqC Port1 is selected (corresponding to LNB1 of a commited switch) the output raw command is always "E0 10 38 F2". This corresponds to LNB1, low band, horizontal. As a consequence I only can tune to frequencies in the low horizontal plane. AltDVB's diseqc monitor shows how the 2nd nibble of the data byte has to be set for the other planes.
Derrick

Postby steven » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:05 am

Derrick Wrote:
steven Wrote:And about the TSReader if maybe take more times to lock the transponder,It is a problem in TSReader.dll,It will be sloved later!

It's not only about speed, TSReader in combination with TBS 8921 is sending wrong DiSEqC commands, at least for multiswitch arrangements.

e.g.:
If DiSEqC Port1 is selected (corresponding to LNB1 of a commited switch) the output raw command is always "E0 10 38 F2". This corresponds to LNB1, low band, horizontal. As a consequence I only can tune to frequencies in the low horizontal plane. AltDVB's diseqc monitor shows how the 2nd nibble of the data byte has to be set for the other planes.

Hi ,My LNB input set is low 9750 ,high 10600, switch 11700, command is "E0 10 38 F3",shows ok.
steven

Postby Derrick » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:11 pm

steven Wrote:Hi ,My LNB input set is low 9750 ,high 10600, switch 11700, command is "E0 10 38 F3",shows ok.

@Steven, I can't follow you. There's something missing. You've described the settings for an universal LNB but you didn't tell the lnb/port selection. Your command corresponds to high band / horizontal polarization of LNB1 of a committed DiSEqC switch. The problem is that TSReader is not changing the low nibble of the last byte in relation to band/polarisation. At least I can't find a way to do this :( Have a look at the diseqc log of AltDVB. AltDVB and DVBViewer send correct commands :)
btw. all diseqc commands are followed by a data burst. This burst useless and wrong, because it's always a ‘1’ data burst (satellite B). Simple “Tone Burst” control does not work with any application.

DiSEqC commtted switch E0 10 38 FX
Satellite LNB number(X)

LNB1
Low band / vertical polarization 0
High band / vertical polarization 1
Low band /horizontal polarization 2
High band / horizontal polarization 3

LNB2
Low band / vertical polarization 4
High band / vertical polarization 5
Low band /horizontal polarization 6
High band / horizontal polarization 7

LNB3
Low band / vertical polarization 8
High band / vertical polarization 9
Low band /horizontal polarization A
High band / horizontal polarization B

LNB4
Low band / vertical polarization C
High band / vertical polarization D
Low band /horizontal polarization E
High band / horizontal polarization F
Derrick

Postby steven » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:47 am

Derrick Wrote:
steven Wrote:Hi ,My LNB input set is low 9750 ,high 10600, switch 11700, command is "E0 10 38 F3",shows ok.

@Steven, I can't follow you. There's something missing. You've described the settings for an universal LNB but you didn't tell the lnb/port selection. Your command corresponds to high band / horizontal polarization of LNB1 of a committed DiSEqC switch. The problem is that TSReader is not changing the low nibble of the last byte in relation to band/polarisation. At least I can't find a way to do this :( Have a look at the diseqc log of AltDVB. AltDVB and DVBViewer send correct commands :)
btw. all diseqc commands are followed by a data burst. This burst useless and wrong, because it's always a ‘1’ data burst (satellite B). Simple “Tone Burst” control does not work with any application.

DiSEqC commtted switch E0 10 38 FX
Satellite LNB number(X)

LNB1
Low band / vertical polarization 0
High band / vertical polarization 1
Low band /horizontal polarization 2
High band / horizontal polarization 3

LNB2
Low band / vertical polarization 4
High band / vertical polarization 5
Low band /horizontal polarization 6
High band / horizontal polarization 7

LNB3
Low band / vertical polarization 8
High band / vertical polarization 9
Low band /horizontal polarization A
High band / horizontal polarization B

LNB4
Low band / vertical polarization C
High band / vertical polarization D
Low band /horizontal polarization E
High band / horizontal polarization F

Hi try this TSreader dll ,http://hotfile.com/dl/103858113/70f729e/TSReader_BDASource_8921.dll.html

Wait for your test.

Thanks!
steven

Next

Return to Windows