Moderator Control Panel ]

Blue screen with APC index mismatch error

Blue screen with APC index mismatch error

Postby satelay » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:01 pm

I am using TBS8921 with v1.0.0.4 driver under 64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate and getting frequent BSODs with both DVB Dream and DVB Viewer during scanning (especially when I do multiple scans one after the other) and also changing channels. The error given during the core dump is "APC Index Mismatch". Is there any help available with this error?
satelay

Re: Blue screen with APC index mismatch error

Postby steven » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:31 am

Hi sorry for you problem you have met.
and do you have tried the older driver,is the same problem?
Thanks
steven

Postby steven » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:10 am

satelay Wrote:I am using TBS8921 with v1.0.0.4 driver under 64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate and getting frequent BSODs with both DVB Dream and DVB Viewer during scanning (especially when I do multiple scans one after the other) and also changing channels. The error given during the core dump is "APC Index Mismatch". Is there any help available with this error?

Hi and would you mind try win7 32bit version,because after our test on win7 64bit version,it is ok.
Thanks
steven

Postby satelay » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:56 am

Thanks for the suggestions Steven. Did you mean you have done tests on W7 64 and were not able to reproduce the blue screen? Did you try numerous consecutive scans? Especially the longer ones seem to create the problem. It is not possible for me to try the 32 bit W7 at this point. However, I am going to try this card on a different W7 64 machine and I will try my new TBS 6981 when it arrives on the original machine. I will update with the results. Thanks.
satelay

Postby steven » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:25 pm

satelay Wrote:Thanks for the suggestions Steven. Did you mean you have done tests on W7 64 and were not able to reproduce the blue screen? Did you try numerous consecutive scans? Especially the longer ones seem to create the problem. It is not possible for me to try the 32 bit W7 at this point. However, I am going to try this card on a different W7 64 machine and I will try my new TBS 6981 when it arrives on the original machine. I will update with the results. Thanks.

Hi
Would you mind why you need numerous consecutive scans,i will test it later, and wait your test on other W7 64 machine.
Thanks
steven

Postby satelay » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:34 pm

It is not unusual that one wants to scan two or more transponders in a row. However, the bluescreen seems to be random and sometimes it comes in the first scan. I have tried 8921 driver v1.0.0.4 on another W7 machine. In fact it was a 32 bit version, not 64 as I first thought. It had different hardware with a different Gigabyte MB. After installing only the driver and the version of DVB Dream supplied on the installation disk, I have started a scan of Hotbird. Right in the middle of the scan I got the blue screen. After rebooting the machine, I have started the same scan one more time and it succeeded. That suggests that there really is something wrong with the driver under W7 and it appears to be completely random. I am sure if you try to do a few scans which take a relatively long time, you will definitely reproduce the bug with the blue screen.
satelay

Postby satelay » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:43 pm

What I meant in my previous post is that "one may want to scan two or more satellites in a row". "Transponder" was an incorrect choice of word.
satelay

Postby AndersM » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:00 pm

Hi !

I have the same problem with W7 32 bit ultimate and driver v1.0.0.4 , during scanning of a satellite the computer bluscreens on different dvb programs (DVB Dream , Prog DVB etc etc).
I have borrowed other DVB cards from friends (Terratec Cinergy_S2_PCI_HD , Floppy-DTV) and they work ok on this computer ...........any solution ?
AndersM

Postby satelay » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:49 pm

I also tried my new TBS 6981 card on the same machine which gave me blue screens with TBS 8921 before and it works without any problem. The fact that the blue screen has been observed with two different cards on three different machines with both 32 & 64 bit versions of W7 confirms that the problem is with the driver v1.0.0.4. I think TBS should come up with a solution before the problem is commonly reported in sattelite forums.
satelay

Postby steven » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:39 pm

satelay Wrote:I also tried my new TBS 6981 card on the same machine which gave me blue screens with TBS 8921 before and it works without any problem. The fact that the blue screen has been observed with two different cards on three different machines with both 32 & 64 bit versions of W7 confirms that the problem is with the driver v1.0.0.4. I think TBS should come up with a solution before the problem is commonly reported in sattelite forums.

Hi we have test this card for about one day but can not find BSOD problem,so i think it maybe the motherbord compatible error,
and would mind tell me what's your motherbord .

Thanks
steven

Next

Return to Windows