Moderator Control Panel ]

TBS8921 - No TV Signal in WMC

Re: TBS8921 - No TV Signal in WMC

Postby riccume » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:49 am

Well, I spoke too quickly - my raw commands above weren't actually selected for the DiSEqC communication. So, after some more digging, it turns out that for some reason DVBLogic's TVSource successfully scans channels when I select the DiSEqC option "None" for Astra 2 and "Pos A/Osc B" for Hotbird. No idea how this is possible - only one satellitel cable goes to the TBS tuner, and either there is a switch at the other end of that cable, or there isn't... but it is happening. Any thoughts?
riccume

Postby steven » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:01 pm

Hi
can you tell us Astra 2 and Hotbird which DiSEqC A/B/C/D is connect to?
and about your DiSEqC command E0 10 39 F0 W0100 E0 10 39 F0 ,but the standard DiSEqC command is E0 10 38 FX;
Would you mind give us a picutre of your MCE's LNB setting or DVBDream's LNB setting?
Thanks
steven

Postby riccume » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:45 pm

Hi Steven,

Unfortunately I don't have access to the DiSEqC switch, I live in an apartment building and all I can see is the satellite cable coming out of the wall. I contacted the company who installed the system and they said that Astra 2 is on LNB1 and Hotbird on LNB2.

I ended up not using the raw command E0 10 39 F0 W0100 E0 10 39 F0 in TVSource; the DiSEqC configuration which worked is with Astra 2 set to "None" and Hotbird set to "Pos A/Osc B".

With all of the other programs I've tried (WMC, TBSviewer, DVBDream, DVBviewer) I set Astra 2 on "Pos A/Osc A" and Hotbird on "Pos A/Osc B" (respectively pos 1 and 2 in WMC); when I tried to scan for channels I always end up with signal for Hotbird but no signal for Astra 2.

How is this possible?
riccume

Postby steven » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:18 am

riccume Wrote:Hi Steven,

Unfortunately I don't have access to the DiSEqC switch, I live in an apartment building and all I can see is the satellite cable coming out of the wall. I contacted the company who installed the system and they said that Astra 2 is on LNB1 and Hotbird on LNB2.

I ended up not using the raw command E0 10 39 F0 W0100 E0 10 39 F0 in TVSource; the DiSEqC configuration which worked is with Astra 2 set to "None" and Hotbird set to "Pos A/Osc B".

With all of the other programs I've tried (WMC, TBSviewer, DVBDream, DVBviewer) I set Astra 2 on "Pos A/Osc A" and Hotbird on "Pos A/Osc B" (respectively pos 1 and 2 in WMC); when I tried to scan for channels I always end up with signal for Hotbird but no signal for Astra 2.

How is this possible?

Hi riccume
if Astra 2 is on LNB1 and Hotbird on LNB2. you can set like this in dvbdream.and make sure you are input the right LNB type:
and try again.Thanks
Attachments
2.jpg
1.jpg
steven

Postby riccume » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:26 pm

Thanks Steven, I had tried that but it didn't work. But it turns out that my problem might be with the way the switch in my apartment building interacts with the card. The set-up is with two Quattro LNBs feeding a 9x16 TMP switch (I finally got access to the closet where the switch is located). For some reason my previous card could pick up Astra 2 without and DiSEqC command (which is the way it is supposed to be, since the apartment building was wired for Sky UK (Astra 2) and Sky boxes don't output any DiSEqC switching commans) while the TBS picks up Hotbird if I select "None" for DiSEqC. Will do some more testing...
riccume

Postby steven » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:50 am

riccume Wrote:Thanks Steven, I had tried that but it didn't work. But it turns out that my problem might be with the way the switch in my apartment building interacts with the card. The set-up is with two Quattro LNBs feeding a 9x16 TMP switch (I finally got access to the closet where the switch is located). For some reason my previous card could pick up Astra 2 without and DiSEqC command (which is the way it is supposed to be, since the apartment building was wired for Sky UK (Astra 2) and Sky boxes don't output any DiSEqC switching commans) while the TBS picks up Hotbird if I select "None" for DiSEqC. Will do some more testing...

Hi
if Astra 2 is on LNB1 and Hotbird on LNB2, but you Hotbird select "None" for DiSEqC,if you can receive signal,it maybe last time you have use DiSEqC 2.
so there is no need to set it again,and you can receive the signal.
Thanks
steven

Postby riccume » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:16 am

Final update on this topic - I got in touch with Triax and they confirm that their TMP 9x16 multiswitch might well be set-up in such a way that it immediately defaults to Sat 1 when there is no DiSEqC command (this is to accomodate UK Sky boxes, which don't handle DiSEqC) and switches to Sat 2 with the command Pos A / Opt B. Not sure why the TBS 8921 still seem to send out a DiSEqC signal when one chooses the single satellite (i.e. no DiSEqC) option in WMC, but this is what it seems to do in my experience and it means that I haven't been able to find any way to watch the "no DiSEqC" i.e. default satellite (in my case Astra) by directly using this card in WMC. So I ended up using TVSource and set up Sat 1 as "DiSEqC = None" and Sat 2 as "DiSEqC = Pos A/Opt B" - this works OK.

I'm now fighting the BSODs triggered by the driver, but that's for another topic.
riccume

Previous

Return to Windows