Moderator Control Panel ]

Driver issue using kernel 3.6.2

Re: Driver issue using kernel 3.6.2

Postby updatelee » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:20 am

ok.. think wer're getting somewhere here now. So your not using the TBS tree ? right now if you want to use your card your going to have to.

change the folders to suit your system

-j4 is for a four core processor, change to suit your system if you want, or leave it out and only use one core to make

do an lsmod before so you can see what modules are being used in your system, I have a 6925 so it'll be a little different then your 6980

cd ~/src/tbs/tbs-drivers-v121105/linux-tbs-drivers
./v4l/tbs-x86_64.sh
make menuconfig
make -j4
sudo rmmod saa716x_tbs_dvb
sudo rmmod saa716x_core
sudo rmmod tbs6925ctrl
sudo rmmod stb6100
sudo rmmod stv090x
sudo rmmod dvb_core
sudo rmmod rc_tbs_nec
sudo rmmod rc_core
sudo rm -R /lib/modules/3.2.27/kernel/drivers/media
sudo make install
sudo modprobe saa716x_tbs_dvb

Your basically going to use your kernel src for everything but the media tree. If you have other dvb cards make sure to select them in the make menuconfig portion of the TBS tree. If you need to modify the src your going to have hit and miss results if those changes effect your TBS card. ie any changes to frontend.h or dvb_frontend.* may possibly cause problems because the precompiled libs are statically linked, so changes you make wont get seen by those precompiled libs.
TBS6925/5980, Prof 7301/7500/8000, Genpix Skywalker-1, Skystar 2 Express HD
Hauppauge 950Q, Kworld 330U/435v3/445v3
Dreambox 800

I use Linux and support open source projects.
updatelee

Re: Driver issue using kernel 3.6.2

Postby keybits » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:52 pm

updatelee Wrote:So your not using the TBS tree ? right now if you want to use your card your going to have to.

As long as I do, it works. But I don't want to do so. I don't want all other media drivers broken.
updatelee Wrote:Your basically going to use your kernel src for everything but the media tree.

That's what is annoying me.

I consideration of the fact that replacing the whole media tree works fine, differences that make the build fail will most likely reside in the media tree itself, but not anywhere else. I compared the linux subtree of the TBS tree against the linux tree of a slightly older kernel tree (3.0.0 or so, where the LMI/DVB-API version is also 5.3, like it is in the TBS tree) and there are differences in almost all files.

@TBS: would you like to contribute some infomation about this?
keybits

Previous

Return to Linux