Moderator Control Panel ]

Win7-x64 driver issue?

Win7-x64 driver issue?

Postby ccristal » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:33 pm

Hi!
Sorry if I keep flooding you... :-)
I have noticed a problem that may depend on the driver.
Basically, no matter what viewer app I use (it has happened with Windows Media Center, DVBDream, TBSViewer and ProgDVB), sometimes when changing channel, the application hangs. When this happens, the application cannot even be killed, and the machine won't complete a normal shutdown - it hangs on the "Shutting down" screen, and the computer has to be turned off long-pressing the switch. Also, when the computer restarts, the QBOX is still not working: it has to be powered off and on again by disconnecting the power lead. In one occasion, the driver had to be re-installed, since the unit did not appear anymore in the sound, video and game controller group of the computer management tool.
I have Win7-x64, and the version of the driver I'm running is v1.0.0.9.
I would love to be able to help with the diagnosis of the problem: I think the Q-BOX CI card has an enormous potential, if only the software were more stable, so please feel free to come back to me with any additional question you may have.
Thank you for your patience and your help.

ccristal
ccristal

Re: Win7-x64 driver issue?

Postby luchy » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:09 pm

hi ccristal,
would you mind provide your detail mother board information? do you use usb3.0 ?
luchy

Postby ccristal » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:46 pm

luchy Wrote:hi ccristal,
would you mind provide your detail mother board information? do you use usb3.0 ?

Hi, and thanks for your reply.
This is the PC I connected the Q-BOX CI to: http://www.asrock.com/nettop/overview.asp?Model=Core%20100HT-BD . You can find the motherboard details under the "Product Specifications" tab.
I do have a USB 3.0 controller on my PC. However, the Q-BOX CI is connected to a USB 2.0 socket.
Let me know how I can help further.
Thank you!

ccristal
ccristal

Postby bob » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:30 am

ccristal Wrote:
luchy Wrote:hi ccristal,

Hi, and thanks for your reply.
This is the PC I connected the Q-BOX CI to: http://www.asrock.com/nettop/overview.asp?Model=Core%20100HT-BD . You can find the motherboard details under the "Product Specifications" tab.
I do have a USB 3.0 controller on my PC. However, the Q-BOX CI is connected to a USB 2.0 socket.
Let me know how I can help further.
Thank you!

ccristal

Hi Ccristal,
i had checked the MB's detail doc,the USB 3.0 just in the box's front panel,so you can't mix up with USB 2.0 socket.Hmm,we found NEC's USB 3.0 host chip can't compatible with some USB 2.0 device.
Did you inserted the CAM with 5980 when the app handed? What's the name of your CAM and the smart card?
When this happen,you restarted the PC,but Qbox still can't work,you need to power off the qbox,and power on.And you still can't find the qbox in device manager?
Did you found the unknow device?
Please email to support@tbsdtv.com,we can exchange the infromation fast than post in here.
Thanks!
bob

Postby gyre » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:27 pm

I'm also having a similar problem.

This is on a Windows 7 32-bit build.

What happens for me is that sometimes Windows Media Centre will try to record something and the recording will never start. If I try to select a live TV channel I'm told that Windows Media Centre is looking for tuners. The lights on the back of the QBox alternate between red and blue.

If I attempt to shut the machine down, it will hang during 'shutting down' until I pull out the USB cable.

It is like the QBox has somehow hung / locked up.

I'm using the 1.0.0.9 drivers. On a Windows 7 ultimate + SP1.

The hardware is a Acer Revo 3700 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-Aspire-R37 ... B004CQ460S). Using USB 2.0 ports.

-- gyre --
gyre

Postby gyre » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:50 pm

Replying to my own post. I've had several lockups over the last few days. This is when I see a red light out the back of the qbox and windows media centre either claims it can't find a tuner, or that the tuner has no signal.

I can sometimes resolve the issue by pullling out the USB connector and trying again. Sometimes the media centre is happy. Sometimes, in fact usually, I get a blue screen of death and have to reboot.

-- gyre --
gyre

Postby bob » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:09 pm

Hi,
Please try the new one,here is the link: http://hotfile.com/dl/128484322/49d34b9 ... 1.rar.html
Thanks!
bob

Return to Windows