Moderator Control Panel ]

Linux Driver for Kernel 3.x Released

Linux Driver for Kernel 3.x Released

Postby warumnix » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:54 pm

Hi All :D

Great news! TBS Linux driver for kernel 3.x is ready the same day as Ubuntu 11.10 official release!
Please check the download section:
http://www.tbsdtv.com/english/Download.html
warumnix

Re: Linux Driver for Kernel 3.x Released

Postby burton666 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:28 pm

Could somebody write a step by step guide for linux beginners to install the TBS6984 drivers on Ubuntu 11.10?
burton666

Postby steven » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:00 pm

burton666 Wrote:Could somebody write a step by step guide for linux beginners to install the TBS6984 drivers on Ubuntu 11.10?

Hi

In the driver file you can read the readme file ,it has told you how to do step by step.

Thanks
steven

Postby subcore » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:22 am

warumnix Wrote:Hi All :D

Great news! TBS Linux driver for kernel 3.x is ready the same day as Ubuntu 11.10 official release!
Please check the download section:
http://www.tbsdtv.com/english/Download.html

could you please create specific make-configs for each of your cards? i have bought a TBS 6922, and lsmod tells me that 98% of the modules you make me compile and install are useless for that card. yes i could "make menuconfig" myself, but how am i supposed to know what my specific TBS card does and does not need?

even worse, your brute force approach interferes with existing modules, as this user reports. (he got no answer from you, of course...)

and to top it all off, the IR interface for the TBS 6922 still has no driver.

i bought this card specifically because you advertise with linux drivers, but the current state they are in is utterly unsatisfying.
subcore

Return to Linux