Moderator Control Panel ]

8922 won't work with Windows 10

8922 won't work with Windows 10

Postby Schabba » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:56 pm

Hey there!

I'm currently using the "8922", that is working like a charm with Windows 7 (64-bit). I'm using DVBviewer 5.1.0.0 and everything's fine.

Now I bought an new SSD, plugged it to my machine and made a clean install of Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) (Build 10240). The TBS-drivers and DVBviewer were installed properly, but the problem is, that the application doesn't show a picture, and there's no sound as well. The screen stays black. I changed the decoder-settings in DVBviewer, but nothing worked, not even the LAV decoders, that do work when using Windows 7.

In the next step I updated to the latest Windows build, that brought DirectX 12 with it. Still it didn't work. Then I installed the Windows 10-drivers for my AsRock-Mainboard and tried the ones from the AsRock-Site als well as the newer ones, that came with Windows update. Still nothing worked.

At last I installed the latest demo version of DVBviewer - it's still not working: no picture, no sound.

After I read a posting in the german DVBviewer forum that said, the card-drivers wouldn't be compatible with Windows 10, I contacted the german TBS-support to verify that. But they said the drivers would work fine with Windows 10 and suggested a incompatiblity between my mainboard and Windows 10 - without knowing which hardware I use... And I still don't think, that this is the problem.

The strange thing is, that it worked the first time I installed Windows 10. :? After installing Windows 10 I installed DVBviewer 5.1.0.0, copied my profile - and it worked. But then I figured out, that there were problems with activating windows, so I had to install it again. Since that (and I installed Windows 10 a couple of times) this error occurs, and I can't get it to work. The "funny" thing is, that the guy from the DVBviewer forum also reported, that it only had worked once.

So, can you tell me if there are any known issues with the 1.0.6.1 driver? Or do you have any other suggestions?
Last edited by Schabba on Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Schabba

Re: 8922 won't work with Windows 10

Postby Schabba » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:46 pm

Edit: I also tried the the newer driver from here: http://www.tbsdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=9578#p34207 But it didn't work either.
Schabba

Return to Windows