Moderator Control Panel ]

No signal detected in WMC(solved)

No signal detected in WMC(solved)

Postby jjrbg » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:45 pm

Hi,

I have a TBS8922, and a fresh install of Windows 7 SP1 and I have installed the latest TV card driver from your site (version 1.0.0.8). Windows Media Center detects the card but is unable to detect a signal (I am in the UK looking at Astra 28.2 E with a standard static dish). I've installed TBS Viewer (20111103), scanned for channels, and 469 were detected with a strong signal and they can be viewed. If I go back to WMC, it now detects a signal and I am able to carry out a manual transponder scan (on 10788/24000V for example), detect channels, and view them. Although none of the channels auto-populated in the EPG based on my postcode work (I believe this is Microsoft's issue, not TBS's). But, if I restart the PC, the same situation occurs (i.e. WMC does not detect a signal from the card, but if I open TBS Viewer and close it again, WMC now works). Have you got any idea why this might be happening or what I can do to fix it?

I guess I could have a startup script that opens TBS Viewer for a few seconds, then closes it before opening WMC.

Also, does anyone know of a way of editing the channels in Windows Media Center (i.e. changing all the automatically added ones to the correct frequencies) without having to manually hide them one-by-one? Ideally, I really want to use Windows Media Center to watch and record TV. I have tried MediaPortal previously, but not had much luck with stability.

Thanks!
jjrbg

Re: No signal detected in WMC

Postby jjrbg » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:12 pm

A quick update on this - when viewing a channel using TBS Viewer, and switching back to WMC, channels on that transponder will be the only ones WMC can view (i.e. the last transponder viewed within TBS). No matter what frequency I scan from within WMC, it will always detect the same channels! If I switch back to TBS Viewer, change the channel, then go back into WMC, it will now only be able to view channels on that transponder.

This seems very strange! Any ideas?
jjrbg

Postby steven » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:35 am

jjrbg Wrote:A quick update on this - when viewing a channel using TBS Viewer, and switching back to WMC, channels on that transponder will be the only ones WMC can view (i.e. the last transponder viewed within TBS). No matter what frequency I scan from within WMC, it will always detect the same channels! If I switch back to TBS Viewer, change the channel, then go back into WMC, it will now only be able to view channels on that transponder.

This seems very strange! Any ideas?

Hi jjrbg

Do you have tested the latest driver updated yesterday.and when this problem have been happen,do you have tested other soft like DVBDream is it ok?

Thanks
steven

Postby jjrbg » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:06 pm

Do you have tested the latest driver updated yesterday.and when this problem have been happen,do you have tested other soft like DVBDream is it ok?

Hi,
Everything works fine with DVB Viewer - that is not the problem. It is Windows Media Center that cannot detect any signal. I have tried the latest driver (1.0.0.8) and the original driver on the disc (1.0.0.5). If I open WMC by itself after booting the PC, it will not detect a signal from the card. I want to use WMC to view channels, not DVB Viewer. I have also tried the card in another PC, and the same thing happens.

Thanks
jjrbg

Postby jjrbg » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:59 am

I have updated the driver to 1.0.0.9. I now see an additional VHID device in Device Manager (I assume this is the remote control IR receiver), but Windows Media Center still detects no signal from the card. Again, if I open TBS Viewer, tune into a channel, close it, and go back to WMC, I can now detect channels on that transponder only.
jjrbg

Postby steven » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:07 pm

Hi jjrbg

Would you mind try this new driver ,it should be ok,
here is the download link:
http://www.tbsdtv.com/download/TBS6922/ ... .0.1.0.zip
and can you send your test report here.

Thanks
steven

Postby jjrbg » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:52 am

Hi Steven,
The latest driver has fixed the issue! Thanks very much for getting this sorted out so quickly.
jjrbg

Postby steven » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:09 pm

jjrbg Wrote:Hi Steven,
The latest driver has fixed the issue! Thanks very much for getting this sorted out so quickly.

Hi jjrbg

Thanks for your test report too, :D
steven

Return to Windows