Moderator Control Panel ]

WinLIRC remote support for all TBS TV Tuner Cards

WinLIRC remote support for all TBS TV Tuner Cards

Postby steven » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:26 pm

Hi All

Many thanks to crazycat who has made the WinLIRC support for TBS card. :D

Now we can use WinLIRC to control a lot of software.Please have a look at WinLIRC home page to get
more information:http://winlirc.sourceforge.net/

Before use WinLIRC with TBS card.
#Download WinLIRC first.click here to download it:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/winlirc/files/winlirc/0.9.0d/winlirc-0.9.0d.zip/download

#Configure WinLIRC for TBS card
We have three plug.
TbsNxp.dll : This is for NXP7160 bridge card,include:TBS6922, TBS6925 ,TBS6928,TBS6984,TBS6220,TBS6284,TBS6280,TBS6991...
TbsQbox.dll: This is for all of TBS QBox,include:TBSQbox,TBSQbox2,TBS5921,TBS5922,TBS5925,TBS5980...
TbsCxt.dll:This is for CX2388x-based card.include:TBS6981,TBS6980,TBS8920,TBS8921,TBS8922,TBS6920,TBS6921...

Take TBS6925 for example.
1.choose TbsNxp.dll:
1.jpg
choose TbsNxp dll

2.Click Plugin Setup,You will see the Device is TBS6925 ,set the RC Type to NEC32 click ok.
2.jpg
RC Type

3.Load TBS Remote Configs
Click Browse to load the Remote Configs,
Thanks again crazycat had make the configs for us.
we can download it here:
http://crazycat69.narod.ru/sattelite/WinLIRC/plugins/TBS.zip
3.jpg
Remoe Configs

4.Click OK Then you can enjoy WinLIRC with TBS Cards. :D

Thanks
steven

Re: WinLIRC remote support for all TBS TV Tuner Cards

Postby Schabba » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:15 pm

Hey there guys!

First of all: I just bought the 8922-DVB-S-PCI-Card and I can tell, that it's working like a charm, so far. The only problem is, that the remote control is not yet working like I want it to. :cry:

Im using "DVB dream" in version 1.7 and followed crazyycat's tutorial, put Winlirc in the autostart-folder and chose Winlirc in the DVB dream preferences. So far it's working, but the only thing is, that the number-buttons have no function. That means, if I push them, DVB dream shows, that there's an input. But the channels aren't switching. I put all my favorites to the "remote favorites", but it makes no difference. So, what's the problem and how can I fix it?

Besides that: The tutorial says, that I have to choose the TbsCxt.dll, if I use the 8922 card. But I can't find any Cxt-config-file in crazycat's folder. So, which one do I have to choose? TBS.cf or TBSNew.cf? I tried both of them, but it makes no difference.

So, would be great if you could help me fix it! Anyway, keep up the good work! :)
Schabba

Postby crazycat » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:04 am

use TBSNew.cf, because is superset of TBS.cfg (some additional keys for current TBS RC)
crazycat

Postby Schabba » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:54 am

Hey crazycat & thanks for the fast reply!

Well, it seems I already chose the TBSnew.cf, and I even reconfigured it with Winlirc. But the problem is still the same: When I push a number-button, DVBdream shows the channel-number, but is not switching to it. Maybe it's a problem with DVBdream. I don't know... :(
Schabba

Postby crazycat » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:21 am

you must configure also DVBDream RC key mapping (received from winlirc)
crazycat

Postby Schabba » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:22 am

crazycat Wrote:you must configure also DVBDream RC key mapping (received from winlirc)

Sorry for asking, but what do you mean by that?

I already chose WinLirc in the RC-Settings of DVBDream, and I can assign different functions to all of the keys. But that's not working for the number-keys. For example: I push button 1 and DVBdream confirms, that I did it. But the channel is not switching.
Schabba

Postby Schabba » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:16 pm

Okay, seems like I solved the problem by myself. :) But let me tell you, what I did. Maybe it will help other users, who experience the same troubles.

Well, since a few days I couldn't start DVD Dream anymore. That means, when I tried to start it, it opened up, but closed itself immediately. Even after reinstalling the application, the problem occured.

Then I tried to start the application with admin permissions - and it worked! I don't know why (cause it used to work without starting it as admin before, and I didn't install any windows updates or stuff like that), but there seem to be probs with the admin permissions. Anyway, when I start DVB Dream with admin permissions, it works like a charm - and the number keys on my remote control are also working! ;)

So I re-configured all my channel-lists and configs and used windows' task planner, so DVB Dream is now always starting with admin permissions, without having to submit that step, everytime I open it. :D

For the moment I will be using DVB Dream, but I think I will look around for some alternative or maybe going to buy the newest version of DVB Dream.

Anyway, thanks for helping! Keep up the good work! I used to be a fan of Terratec products, but the "Cinergy S2 PCI Card" didn't do it for me, and I'm glad my TBS card is working much better!
Schabba

Return to Windows