Moderator Control Panel ]

8922 and UEFI motherboard

8922 and UEFI motherboard

Postby Ronin78 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:23 am

I just bought this card to replace my old skystar2 with a dvb-s2 capable receiver. My system in built on Asrock 970 Extreme 4 motherboard. I installed it on my Windows 8 x64 system using the last driver avalable on the site (1.0.1..5) without any issue. The device manager shows the card as perfectly working but scanning with different dvb programs I can't find any channel. DVBdream shows no signal at all. ProgDVB and DVBViewer Pro (My favourite...) find signal but don't find any channel. I tried to switch back to Windows 7 x64, I updated the mb to the last bios (2.20), and I downgraded the device drivers to the ones avalaible on the installation cd, but none of these attempts to solve the problem worked :( ....
Do you now any incompatibility between UEFI motherboads (and mine in particular...) and this dvb card?
Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english
Ronin78

Re: 8922 and UEFI motherboard

Postby steven » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:26 pm

Hi Ronin78

First our cards are compatible with UEFI motherboard we have tested ASUS's UEFI motherboard which shows ok.

For your problem do you have other PC which is not UEFI motherboard to have a check, and in your device manage
can you have a check that you have installed the TBS 8922 TS Capture device?

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Re: 8922 and UEFI motherboard

Postby Ronin78 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:01 am

Hi, thank you very much for your quick reply!
Sadly I haven't any other pc where I can try the card :cry:
This is a screenshot of my Windows 8 64 desktop showing both the device manager and DVBViewer Pro scanning Hotbird...
The device is apparently perfectly working but DVBViewer doesn't find nothing :roll:
As I said before I tried under Windows 7 and with other DVB software with the same results
Attachments
Desk.jpg
Ronin78

Return to Windows