Moderator Control Panel ]

Tuning DSS transponders

Tuning DSS transponders

Postby GoJo » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:33 pm

I have installed my 8922 into three different PCs and tried Windows 7 and Windows XP and it works fine for DVBS and DVBS-2 in every instance.
It will also correctly identify and lock DSS transponders but will not correctly stream data.
I have used the newest version of TSReader with the 8922 BDA Source and it will lock but show no data.
I have also used both CrazyCat and EBSPro to lock the DSS transponders and stream the data to two different versions of TSReader using both TCP and TCP-DSS source.
I get sync losses, and a lot of errors and can never get data to show using a DSS to DVB plugin.
I can get it to work correctly with an old Twinhan VP1020A and a Genpix Skywalker 1 but not the TBS 8922.
Is it a driver issue or is there something I am missing?
GoJo

Re: Tuning DSS transponders

Postby crazycat » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:31 am

BDA Source handle only DVB TS (188 byte packets).
crazycat

Postby GoJo » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:21 am

Crazycat,
Thanks for that information.
So, I guess having dss capability on the TBS8922 is only good for identifying a dss transponder?
Is there any way to use or capture the data like you can with a VP1020A or Genpix Skywalker?
I can use either one of those to listen to the audio on dss streams which makes for a nice satellite radio!
GoJo

Postby crazycat » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:33 am

If you want DSS support in CrazyScan, EBS Pro and another StreamReaderEx-based app - you need enable DSS in streamreader.ini (DSS=1). For streaming from CS to TSReader use TCP-DSS source.

And you can use my universal StreamReaderEx-proxy source
crazycat

Postby GoJo » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:19 pm

Crazycat,

Thanks for the streamreader files.

I tried everything you suggested and still don't get anything from the dss streams in tsreader using the TBS8922.
I even tried it with my skystar s2 express HD and it doesn't work with it either.
Both will lock the dss stream but I get no info in tsreader.
I tried it in both tsreader 2.8.46 and 2.8.47.
I also tried it with dss=1 in Craszyscan to TCP_DSS source and EBSpro to TCP_DSS in tsreader.
I can turn off the dss setting in streamreader.ini and tune a regular dvb stream and it works fine.
The nice thing about the streamreader proxy is I can use it in 2.8.46 or 2.8.47 for both TBS8922 and skystar s2 hd cards using DVB and it works great!
TSreader 2.8.46 will not recognize either card unless I use the streamreader proxy source so I know it is working.
I am very thankful for that!
I would like to get it working with dss.

Any other suggestions?
GoJo

Postby crazycat » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:22 am

Better ask about DSS @ Ricks Satellite Wildfeed and Backhaul Forum
I not have access to DSS transponders :)
crazycat

Return to Windows