Moderator Control Panel ]

questions regarding DVB-C drivers

Re: questions regarding DVB-C drivers

Postby MrFloppy » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:34 pm

First: Yes, I meant the device manager.
superman2012 Wrote:But if with a 6280 card now, can I use DVB-T2 for tuner A and DVB-C for tuner B?
Second: I doubt that it's possible to use C and T2 at the same time with the current driver architecture and only one presented tuner. Because the driver defines, what kind of devices/standards you are able to use and the driver currently only provides one standard at the same time per installed tuner. And as it's a dual-tuner and not two single tuners, you can only select the drivers for both. Until changes in the driver architecture*, you are limited to either DVB-T2 OR DVB-C per tuner (-> device manager)/installed TBS6280 card. That's how I understand it.

* = I'm not an expert for drivers and tuners, but the problem as I see it, is that you must be able to select the standard per "virtual tuner". That may be done by adressing each of the two as seperate devices (you would then have two entries in the device manager). But as it is a single physical dual-tuner, I doubt that's possible. And it would be very static, as you would need to change the driver to change the selected standard (and most probably restart afterwards). Another way would be a driver that combines both and switches dynamically. That would be more convenient, but also increase the complexity of the driver (thus the possibility of errors and needed time for testing).
MrFloppy

Postby superman2012 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:26 am

I understand now.
Thanks MrFloppy for your help.
superman2012

Postby Kiwi » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:05 pm

Hopefully the unified drivers for DVB-T2 and DVB-C can be released soon. :)

By the way, the PVR software that I'm using is NextPVR. It detects the TV card once the drivers are installed, and it allows the recording of all the channels on the same frequency. In fact it can even record the same channel as many times as you want (for example you wish to add prepadding and postpadding to a programme).

Are there other PVRs that can record all the channels on the same frequency too? I'm willing to try too.
TBS6285 is a bad card and TBS is a bad service company.

The CEO of TBS had better contact me to understand what happened.
Kiwi

Postby MrFloppy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:52 am

Is this some kind of advertisement? Besides praising NextPVR there ain't much content. ;)
MrFloppy

Postby Kiwi » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:08 am

MrFloppy Wrote:Is this some kind of advertisement? Besides praising NextPVR there ain't much content. ;)

No, I'm really looking forward to seeing the unified drivers soon. The PVR software discussion is just a side topic.

If you want me to discuss the use of PVR software in a separate thread, please tell me and I will start a new thread.
TBS6285 is a bad card and TBS is a bad service company.

The CEO of TBS had better contact me to understand what happened.
Kiwi

Postby MrFloppy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:14 pm

If you feel the need for a discussion about PVR software, that might be a good idea. Because the drivers have almost nothing to do with the recording.
MrFloppy

Postby superman2012 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:30 am

The combined drivers of TBS is lousy when it is default as a DVB-T/T2 tuner.
Using the DVB-T scanning option to scan for DVB-C channels is not good as it has much lesser frequency to scan.
Manual scanning is troublesome as we might not know what frequency our tv station is using and whether do they have new channels in new frequency, etc.
superman2012

Postby MrFloppy » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:26 pm

I did not follow the driver development the last months, but I found that the topic will be discussed in threads regarding the related version. Like viewtopic.php?f=51&t=8133
That may be because there are now combined drivers and this topic's goal was to get those. :)
MrFloppy

Postby tempo » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:04 pm

steven Wrote:Hi MrFloppy

Thanks for your update.

And here is a update driver Version 1.0.0.4
https://hotfile.com/dl/166117562/577bf76/TBS6280_dvbc_1.0.0.4.rar.html

>Are there any plans to add the DVB-C drivers to the driverdisc?
yea,of course,later we will add DVB-C drivers to the disc. :)

Kind Regards

steven

Hi,

Does anybody still has the driver file TBS6280_dvbc_1.0.0.4.rar?
Can't find it or previous DVB-C standalone drivers for TBS6280 tuner card anywhere.

@steven
Is it possible to upload the cable driver TBS6280_dvbc_1.0.0.4.rar again please?
Thanks!
tempo

Previous

Return to Windows